First Year Showing.....Fair is 3 weeks and counting

It should be absolutely fine to show her even if sh is missing some. Just as though her complete chest isnt bare, and she still has all 10 primary feathers. She's a nice hen, good luck!

Depends on your fair. When I was a kid we carried them upside down by the legs so the judge could go right to the breast. Now that my kids are showing, at a different place, the turkeys are taken from the cage by the judge and examined. If he want's to compare two turkeys he will put them side by side and have a look. The kids do nothing. They don't even have to be there. Same for all poultry.

Trust the advice you have been given here. Study as much as you can, walk her every day! Most importantly, put your fears aside and feel PROUD of what you are doing-you should be!! Everyone has to do something the first time. Next year your confidence will be 100 times better. Go gettum'!!!It doesn't matter if you have the best hen or not-it's the process and the lessons you are experiencing. OK-off my soap box! Please be proud of yourself and CONGRATULATIONS on getting this far
thumbsup.gif

Most county fairs are held in the summer months, when finding a turkey with show quality plumage is nearly impossible. Right now is the molt, and my birds wouldn't stand a chance, they look so scruffy!
lol.png

Good luck and bring home a ribbon!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom