Pics
For sure! I’ve had a couple different ones in 10s as well as a dragon scale male. 😊 most recently I had two planted 10 gallons and they were very happy. 😊 I got pack of two sponge filters and a tank thermometer probe thing off of Amazon for quite cheap. 😊 the sponge is better since they don’t like a lot of flow as was mentioned. A lot of other ones are too strong or suck in their fins. I believe I also got the heater off Amazon. I looked up the best ones that weren’t too expensive and got those. I can go on my Amazon account and find the exact items for you in a bit. If you want. 😊 I got the hood at the pet store though and got the plant lights for it. I would for a dollar per gallon sale though or even Craigslist or something. 😊 I’ve used the heaters from the pet stores before and I didn’t think they worked that well but it depends. Anyway, mine were very healthy and happy. 😊 I got them a floating log and a stick on plant leaf too haha I also got big pieces of wood to put in there but I never got around to it. :oops: but they were fine without. I was going to put lava rock in too and ordered it but then it was pretty sharp and I read it could tear their fins so didn’t. Speaking of, no plastic plants for the same reason. Silk, etc. is fine. I also got them a special insect type pellet. I forget what it’s called but they absolutely LOVED it better than most betta feeds hahah it’s not too expensive either. Mine were very healthy and happy. 😊
Dawg.
D0C4B9B0-72F6-45B5-BD2C-8EA33B40AFE2.jpeg

The cories at the pet store are warm water so should be good. No cardinal tetras, though- it's mostly variations of skirts, neons, and red minors. And a bunch of GloFish ones that are neon and gross looking.
I don’t mean “warm temps” as in just tropical, but preferring the specific temperature range that bettas like. A couple examples would be serbai and bronze cories.

I've measured the tank and it's a 29 gallon. I'm thinking I could do maybe a fancy goldfish and a couple of neon tetras?
Goldfish are cold water fish. The colder that water is, the more oxygen is dissolved in it, so if the water gets near 80F, goldfish start to have trouble breathing,

Neons and all tetras are tropical fish. they like their water to be at least 78F. So that is your main problem with combining the two - the goldfish will be too warm and the tetras too cool no matter what.

If you want a schooling fish you can keep with a baby goldfish, white cloud minnows are coldwater fish as well, and really cute. Zebra danios and bronze (common) corydoras are also perfectly happy at room temp.

Goldfish are cold water fish. The colder that water is, the more oxygen is dissolved in it, so if the water gets near 80F, goldfish start to have trouble breathing,

Neons and all tetras are tropical fish. they like their water to be at least 78F. So that is your main problem with combining the two - the goldfish will be too warm and the tetras too cool no matter what.

If you want a schooling fish you can keep with a baby goldfish, white cloud minnows are coldwater fish as well, and really cute. Zebra danios and bronze (common) corydoras are also perfectly happy at room temp.
I've decided against goldfish because they are apparently poop machines I won't be able to add any other fish. Current stocking plan is 4ish cories, 8ish neon tetras, 3 dalmation mollies, and a pearl gourami. Putting it into a stocking calculator to see what it says.
http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?

Back
Top Bottom