Pics
We have a pair of maroon clowns! Adorable but they try to bit me if I touch the rock work during cleaning. Fortunately it doesn't hurt. We also have a yellow watchman goby, a candy-stripe pistol shrimp, a fighting conch, and a couple varieties of snails.

The new tank just has corals so far. Not sure what DH is planning as far as fish.
That’s awesome!! Sounds really cool. :love wow those maroon ones are gorgeous and I think prettier than the regular clowns! :eek:

Saltwater tanks are SO cool but also intimidating, and for some reason, they're not really as interesting to me as freshwater tanks
Definitely intimidating but I almost think they’re more interesting to me cause the fish are way fancier! Hahah I can totally understand though cause everyone likes different things.

Saltwater tanks are SO cool but also intimidating, and for some reason, they're not really as interesting to me as freshwater tanks
Nothing wrong with that! We have had a freshwater tank for many years. It is awesome. Super low maintenance, plus there are some really cool options for livestock. I love the colorful little shrimps myself.

We have a pair of maroon clowns! Adorable but they try to bit me if I touch the rock work during cleaning. Fortunately it doesn't hurt. We also have a yellow watchman goby, a candy-stripe pistol shrimp, a fighting conch, and a couple varieties of snails.

The new tank just has corals so far. Not sure what DH is planning as far as fish.
I had a Clarkii that got pretty big. That old man would single me out from across the tank and bite me!

Nothing wrong with that! We have had a freshwater tank for many years. It is awesome. Super low maintenance, plus there are some really cool options for livestock. I love the colorful little shrimps myself.
I wanna branch out and try some other fish eventually. I always seem to end up with bettas and goldfish. :lau :th

Although I did have guppies once briefly when my friends fish got pregnant and she gave me a bunch 😂 but I wanna try a big community tank or maybe add some stuff in with the bettas if I ever got them again.

I love the bettas and goldfish and mine are always so personable but still. My dragon scale male was my favorite betta so far. Sooooo much personality. :love and surprisingly, my goldfish have a lot of personality too. :lau

To answer your questions, I'd start with the anubias and Java fern, as those are both very easy plants. Hornwort and water wisteria are also very easy care. Once you have some experience, keep anything you like, just know that many plants are grown out of water and then immersed, and when you change the tank they're in, they "melt". Many will come back, but it's still upsetting, especially if you're just getting into it and might not know it's anything you did.
I'd probably have this tank set up for a good while (at least a few weeks) to properly cycle (because I'm the kind of person to stress over it until it's perfect) and to make sure that plants are happy. I have both water wisteria and hornwort available!! What do you mean by 'melt'? I think that you buy these ones in a plastic tube and put them in the water?
I add fish to a new tank based on hardiness. Which fish tolerate the widest range of parameters? Which ones can handle a tiny spike in parameters with ease? Because a new tank is going to fluctuate a little bit. You take it slow and there will never be a huge spike that will stress a fish, but some fish are definitely more delicate than others. Think of it like this - inside your school, some days it's warm and some days it's cool. The person who is walking outside in a t-shirt in January is a lot happier with those fluctuations than that thin little bird-boned kid who is still wearing a sweater in June, but no one is going to die over it. So make t-shirt kid the first one in the tank.
That makes a LOT of sense. I realized that mollies are hard water fish, and I have soft water, so I'm removing those and increasing the number of cories and tetras (now 8 cories and 12 tetras). In this situation, I would add the cories, then the tetras, right? I was recommended a pair of honey gouramis as centerpiece fish, but I am having difficulty finding them.

Hi guys! I have a quick question for the fish experts lol!
Anyone have suggestions for heaters for a 2gal fish bowl? Our friend recently took in a Betta that her friend didn't want. The Betta didn't' come with anything other then a Bowl, rocks, plants and food. The water is FREEZING! I measured the temp, and its at 63 degrees! I already bought one heater for her, and it is doing nothing! I am returning it. All the heaters on Amazon have a bunch of reviews that say they get to hot, and killed the fish. Any suggestions? We need something ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom