Pics
Yup, goldfish are born bland and then they color up. I love the phase where they're dark gray/black on top and orange underneath.

Platies are fun fish, and a tank full of them is always colorful and active.
What color was the webbing stuff? Did it look like hair?

Melt is they actually, literally melt. Cryptocorynes are famous for it. And yes, the ones in the plastic tube don't always melt, but it's a growing method that often results in it. Often the plants regrow, but it's awful to watch especially if you don't expect it. Messy, too. Better to start with the plants you have to buy in a bag of water.

Yes, I'd add the cories a couple at a time, and then I'd add the tetras in 3 groups of 4, a week apart.
If there's every anything you want and don't see, ask at the pet store. very often they can order them for you, and honey gouramis are popular and easy enough that they likely will if you ask them too.

I have spring water and it's a little too soft for my inverts, so I put a spoonful of oyster shell (the kind that I have for my chickens) sprinkled through the gravel and a pinch in my old-fashioned box filter. If you are still having trouble, dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in a gallon of water and add that to the tank. Once, and then test after major water changes or every 3 months.
Yeah it was really find when he started being like half orange and half grey hahah

And yeah there’s so many cool patterns and stuff too for them! :love like the sunrise and a ton of others. Would they be okay by themselves or? I’m not really sure what else can go in with them or what would work best or whatever.

And I think it was white and kinda hair like, yeah, but I’m not entirely sure. I might have pictures of it. I took some but I might have deleted them. Some of it almost looked like dust on the plants. There might actually be pictures on this thread haha

Stock tanks and goldfish are a long-standing tradition! I rescue tiny baby feeder goldfish when I see long-tailed ones and they hang inside in tanks until they are 2 inches at least, then they go out into stock tanks for the summer. Come early fall, any that are absolutely too big to winter in a tank get sold to people with decorative ponds.
I lose a few to predators and I actually cried when the 4yo fancy fantail (who spent winters in) died when a huge pine branch was blown into his tank by a storm, but usually it works out really well.
That sounds awesome! :love I never would have thought of selling them haha sorry you lost the one! He sounds amazing. :hugs

I am going to set up a salt water when I move because I am crazy enough that I'm going to try to spawn my hermit crabs.
Because there's not enough insanity in my life.

@KDOGG331 , thanks for the condolences, Ghost was a white fantail with different colored eyes and that last summer he had gotten huge, the size of my hand. And then, the storm :(
Swim in Peace little guy.

Melt is they actually, literally melt. Cryptocorynes are famous for it. And yes, the ones in the plastic tube don't always melt, but it's a growing method that often results in it. Often the plants regrow, but it's awful to watch especially if you don't expect it. Messy, too. Better to start with the plants you have to buy in a bag of water.

Yes, I'd add the cories a couple at a time, and then I'd add the tetras in 3 groups of 4, a week apart.
If there's every anything you want and don't see, ask at the pet store. very often they can order them for you, and honey gouramis are popular and easy enough that they likely will if you ask them too.

I have spring water and it's a little too soft for my inverts, so I put a spoonful of oyster shell (the kind that I have for my chickens) sprinkled through the gravel and a pinch in my old-fashioned box filter. If you are still having trouble, dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in a gallon of water and add that to the tank. Once, and then test after major water changes or every 3 months.
they literally MELT?!?! That is terrifying, I am terrified

that's a good idea!! If this goes through I can ask.

I am going to set up a salt water when I move because I am crazy enough that I'm going to try to spawn my hermit crabs.

@KDOGG331 , thanks for the condolences, Ghost was a white fantail with different colored eyes and that last summer he had gotten huge, the size of my hand. And then, the storm :(
Awww I’m sorry! He sounds really pretty!! Or handsome?

He sounds amazing :hugs

I have hermit crabs, but they're the land ones. Do you have water ones?

Maybe you could try an under the tank heater? I’m not sure if they sell those for fish but I think they do. But I would try to upgrade him eventually if she can but totally understandable if not! For now though I’d definitely try that
Eventually we will if that is possible. Were mostly trying to just get him the minimum, and whatever is easy to get ahold of. Eventually he will hopefully be out of his little bowl though. Thank you for the suggestion!

Eventually we will if that is possible. Were mostly trying to just get him the minimum, and whatever is easy to get ahold of. Eventually he will hopefully be out of his little bowl though. Thank you for the suggestion!
That makes sense!! Totally understand that! I’m sure even this is better than what he had ❤️🥰

Back
Top Bottom