Hoping to get back into breeding bettas come the new year. Need to come up with a better system for maintaining worm cultures, need some decent breeding pairs, and hopefully have a new set of sturdy shelves heading my way soon so I can get more tanks set up.

Also I'd like to get some snails and shrimp for the tanks, and some live plants, but those are kinda in my second round of fish tank updates for next year.

Currently I just have Big Chonk left, she's the turquoise vt female I bred in Jan 2020. Hoping to get to some IBC shows next year, pending the pandemic status of course, so I can hopefully score a nice VT pair or two from the sales.
I hope you can go! Also... they have entire shows dedicated to just Bettas!?!?! :eek: :th

@TheDawg https://www.ibcbettas.org/ The last couple years have been slim pickings for shows you can actually attend in person, for obvious reasons, but maybe that'll change in 2022. Time will tell!
The one show I managed to get to before covid hit was a smaller one but oh so many lovely bettas. Even some wild-type species, which are a whole 'nother ball park from the domesticated Betta splendens. I'd love to try my hand at some wilds some day, once I get a better grip on showing splendens :p.

@the_peanut_coop Yeah I would not recommend keeping any fish of any species in a bowl. Bowls do not make suitable habitats, no matter what the pet stores like to tell people.

@TheDawg https://www.ibcbettas.org/ The last couple years have been slim pickings for shows you can actually attend in person, for obvious reasons, but maybe that'll change in 2022. Time will tell!
The one show I managed to get to before covid hit was a smaller one but oh so many lovely bettas. Even some wild-type species, which are a whole 'nother ball park from the domesticated Betta splendens. I'd love to try my hand at some wilds some day, once I get a better grip on showing splendens :p.

@the_peanut_coop Yeah I would not recommend keeping any fish of any species in a bowl. Bowls do not make suitable habitats, no matter what the pet stores like to tell people.
Oh wow that is awesome! I had no idea! Hahah rows and rows of just bettasss 😍:love :drool

The Georgia one is the closest chapter to me that I know of. I'm hoping they'll hold a show this spring/summer that I can get to, and that the world plague will be at a point where I'll feel safe being in an enclosed room with a bunch of other fish people. :)

Bad news! Rascal isn’t feeling himself and it looks like his scales are starting to raise. He skims the top of the water and won’t swim down to the bottom of his tank anymore. He has an air stone, so I don’t think it’s an oxygen issue. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0 & nitrates 5ppm…I don’t have any medications on hand yet ( maracyn, paracleanse & ich-x is on the way ). I do have Epsom salt & aquarium salt on hand, could I give him a salt bath in a hospital tank and do a 50% water change in his main tank?
8644DAB0-39C7-46CC-922D-FD9FBFD143EC.jpeg
ADC432AF-6A96-4E67-B0E0-67C5435B9B46.png

Back
Top Bottom