So, Calico decided he wasn’t going to be very plus ultra anymore and decided to take one of the oto cats eyes out, so now he’s in the 15gal I had other plans for.
AA68579F-C772-44D6-9890-6ED9F0ACE333.jpeg

CF66DCBE-F750-47C5-AA9A-AC269482D143.jpeg

at least he’s content….
80790541-E0B1-452F-A00F-E0E72882C511.jpeg

Yeah otos are pretty timid fish, they tend not to do well with aggressive ones like bettas unfortunately :/ I have a hard time with them even in my tetra tank. Hard time with them in general...so cute but so sensitive to everything, physically and emotionally. :p

My new 32-gal if a little over half full with water now. Having to go slowly because I put some wood in there that I gathered from a local park and it's not quite waterlogged enough yet to stay down where it's supposed to. I put the smaller branches I tore off the big pieces into my betta spawning tanks, hopefully a more natural setting will work better this time around for breeding them.
Anyway I'm excited on the progress so far on the new tank. I have some plants from a coworker's friend who's also big into aquariums, they were hanging out in my quarantine tank for a couple weeks and now are in the half-filled new tank and are looking great! Even without the heater and filter running :). I've got a filter sponge in there to get 'seasoned' so I can change it out with the filter cartridge once that's been used up (not a fan of cartridges). Once the tank's finally filled and cycled I think I'll start with some snails and shrimp, and then a small pleco like a zebra or bristlenose. Not sure what else I'll put in yet but there's no rush.

So, Calico decided he wasn’t going to be very plus ultra anymore and decided to take one of the oto cats eyes out, so now he’s in the 15gal I had other plans for. View attachment 2950875
View attachment 2950882

at least he’s content….
View attachment 2950884
What a stinker! Well, happy fish, happy life. 😂

Not to mention, little less than a week ago I caught him bloated. I gave him half of a peeled and defrosted not to mention, little less than a week ago I caught him bloated. I gave him half of a peeled and defrosted pea, a water change, and a clean filter cartridge. Within a few days he is looking good as new. 😁

After spending hundreds of dollars breeding and feeding my koi, I decided to raise Nile Tilapias instead. Nile tilapias grow very big, they grow heavier than 11 lbs........

My new tank has decided to have an algae bloom! So aggravating >O I've got ghost shrimp, one olive nerite snail, and two clown plecos in there (named them Romulus and Remus). Haven't seen the shrimp lately but they're good at hiding. The snail and the plecos are still out and about so they don't seem overly bothered by the algae bloom. Hopefully they'll make it through. I've cut back the length of time the light will be on, and I'll be doing another water change on Wednesday when I'm off of work. I know it takes time to get rid of an algae bloom but man. So annoying. Never had it happen before.

In better news, I got two petstore halfmoon bettas, a turquoise butterfly male with maybe some marble under the metallic, and a female that honestly I'm not really sure what she is. Looks like maybe a grizzle with red fins. Pretty, whatever she is.
And today, they spawned! It's the first time I've gotten something other than a vt to spawn, I'm pretty stoked. If all goes well the fry should be hatched out by Wednesday.

The fun part is that my three chicken eggs I'm incubating should also be hatched out by Wednesday, so I get to deal with two batches of babies at the same time :D I...did not plan that well lol.

Back
Top Bottom