The algae bloom in the new tank is finally showing progress! Very glad I haven't needed to get a UV sterilizer (yet). Pretty sure I lost all the ghost shrimp though.

However in the old tank I lost all my oldest diamond tetras within a few days. They were all at least 5 years old so I guess that's not bad. I still have the younger ones, the one rasbora who refuses to die, and the one cory cat who also refuses to die. The tank is looking a bit bare...

And after a false start that involved the male eating all the eggs, my bettas finally spawned! The fry are about three days old now and so far doing well. I'd forgotten how tiny baby bettas are!

Rest In Peace, my sweet Tramp. He made it way longer than my first one. Between 6 to 8 months. :(
BD046820-B511-49EE-B2AE-E4125215A8D9.jpeg

But, the one pro to keeping fish, is that most fish (with koi and gold fish as an exception) don’t live forever. When one dies, it make room for something new.

Rest In Peace, my sweet Tramp. He made it way longer than my first one. Between 6 to 8 months. :( View attachment 3021888

But, the one pro to keeping fish, is that most fish (with koi and gold fish as an exception) don’t live forever. When one dies, it make room for something new.
Our half-local pet store has stunning bettas, and two in particular catch my eye.
A beautiful koi betta, and a handsome black bodied betta with teal.

Back
Top Bottom