Couldn’t you pick the fish up with a net and put it in a dish of fresh water? So none of the water gets transferred? I see where transferring the plants and all could be a problem though 😓.
I guess I could, I was thinking it would be best to transfer some of the old water to the new tank, but maybe I don't have to. But yes, I'd have to move the substrate...at least some of it...to the new tank.

Our family has raised tons of fish.
My dad actually use to work at a fish place where they bred fish and sold them to pet stores,for bait and more.

Our first fish we had was a goldfish he lived for 3 years.
Then we got 3 Oscars, they lived until we had to move and they were rehomed to a family members for a while.

Next we got guppies. Tons of guppies. There were so many colors. And we had them for about 3 or 4 years. They kept dieing and we could figure out why.
At the same time as the guppies we had a betta fish, he couldnt be kept with the guppies or any other fish including betta. He lived about 2 years. I think he was lonely but he attacked every fish that was put in with him. He use to swim up onto my hand when i put it in the tank. We also owned 3 algea eaters one made it to be huge before he died at 5 years old.

After that we went through a few different breeds of fish trying to figure out which ones would work in our hard water, high iron water and we had radon to so that didnt help.
Gouramis, we got a couple goldfish, then the last and one of my favorites was the Cichlids! They were so fun to watch and they were very lively not a one died in the 6 months we had them, before we decided that it was to much to handle at the time. The person who took them kept us updated. One of them had over 800 babies.

Im hoping one day to have some fish again but our water is to hard for them.
It was testing ever 2 days and trying to lower the ph. We never had ammonia problems or nitrate. It was the ph was always 8 or above no matter what.

My dad actually use to work at a fish place where they bred fish and sold them to pet stores,for bait and more.

Then we got 3 Oscars, they lived until we had to move and they were rehomed to a family members for a while.

Next we got guppies. Tons of guppies. There were so many colors. And we had them for about 3 or 4 years. They kept dieing and we could figure out why.
At the same time as the guppies we had a betta fish, he couldnt be kept with the guppies or any other fish including betta. He lived about 2 years. I think he was lonely but he attacked every fish that was put in with him. He use to swim up onto my hand when i put it in the tank. We also owned 3 algea eaters one made it to be huge before he died at 5 years old.

After that we went through a few different breeds of fish trying to figure out which ones would work in our hard water, high iron water and we had radon to so that didnt help.
Gouramis, we got a couple goldfish, then the last and one of my favorites was the Cichlids! They were so fun to watch and they were very lively not a one died in the 6 months we had them, before we decided that it was to much to handle at the time. The person who took them kept us updated. One of them had over 800 babies.

It was testing ever 2 days and trying to lower the ph. We never had ammonia problems or nitrate. It was the ph was always 8 or above no matter what.

I really want to get cichlids one day. Either a pair of apistos, or a couple of shell dwellers. I'd also like some endlers. Unfortunately none are suitable for a 6 gallon. Maybe the endlers

Oh wow that sucks about your water! But you’ve had a lot of fish!

I really want to get cichlids one day. Either a pair of apistos, or a couple of shell dwellers. I'd also like some endlers. Unfortunately none are suitable for a 6 gallon. Maybe the endlers
They are awesome! The store we got them at was so nice and generous they even gave us a extra one. Because they didnt think one was going to make it! Although they were about $20 a fish.
Our tank was a 75 gal. If we ever got any again it would be a 100 gal.
A friend of ours has a room full of fish tanks and fish.

Back
Top Bottom