Fish Zole

kendrat

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 1, 2010
Anybody know how much Fish Zole is added to water to treat Black Head? Do I just follow directions on the box, and how long do I treat them? It is 250mg

Last edited:
If it is the pill it is best given down the throat of an adult bird. At 250mg do twice a day for five days on a adult or semi adult. That way you know they got all of it. If it is a young bird and is separated I put one pill in a chick waterer and let dissolve....do it each day....but make sure they are drinking well. If not quarter the pill dissolve in a dish and pit in a syringe and dribble in beak twice a day for five days. Use plastic not metal

Thank you, I guess I am not giving enough then. It came as a powder pack. So at least one powder pack 2 times a day for five day. Thanks again for your help.

Anybody know how much Fish Zole is added to water to treat Black Head?  Do I just follow directions on the box, and how long do I treat them?  It is 250mg

Two different avian vets told me that the proper dose of metronidazole to treat Blackhead is 60mg/kg, once a day for five days.

That said, I should also say that I give all medications orally to ensure proper dosing, never in their water. I also have metronidazole in two forms, liquid suspension, 50mg/ml and the 250mg Fish Zole tablets. I use the liquid on my smaller poults and peachicks and the pills for the bigger ones.

-Kathy
Gilroy, CA

I bought Fish Zole to treat my chicken who has Canker. She is old and not laying eggs any more. I was wondering what a safe dose might be.?I had to get my fish zole from America as they don't have it here. I used ebay or Amazon, cant remember. It was the cheapest as I noticed they are selling it at higher prices anywhere else. I will try half a tablet 125mg a day. Please advise if you know better. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom