Five day old chick with foot problem

Gallinarium

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
America
As in my other thread, two of my fifteen chicks from Murray McMurray hatchery died yesterday, the symptoms matching up with nutritional deficiency. I'm going out today to get Rooster Booster with selenium tablets, or NutriDrench.
The other late chicks had had major getting up problems, so I was slightly worried when I noticed Argenti, a silver leghorn, being wobbly. Upon closer examination, I noticed that her foot was held oddly. I put some pictures below. It's her left foot.

1589119571469.png

1589119598068.png

1589119618845.png

1589119638581.png

It's right where her toes properly meet. She kind of holds that part of her foot of the ground, and walks funny because of it. My first thought was curled toes, but it's not really her toes that are curled, it doesn't look like that.
I looked at a picture of her two days ago, and her foot wasn't like that.
I should also note that she's quite a bit smaller than the others, a runt?
She's getting Sprout chick starter, medicated.
She's being brooded under a hen in the coop.
So all in all, is this a vitamin deficiency, or something else? Unless it gets worse, she can still move fine, citation, I could barely catch her to take these pictures.
So although she's fine, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Just kinda worried about her.
Thanks in advance.

Get the Poultry Cell since it contains riboflavin (B2) which is good for leg and foot health. Make sure the chicks are on a non-slip surface. I would give each chick a drop of the Poultry Cell for a couple of days. Dip each beak into water and feed. Look over baby vents to make sure there is no pasty butt, which would need to be cleaned off with soap and warm water. It sounds like some had shipping stress, and look for more.

Get the Poultry Cell since it contains riboflavin (B2) which is good for leg and foot health. Make sure the chicks are on a non-slip surface. I would give each chick a drop of the Poultry Cell for a couple of days. Dip each beak into water and feed. Look over baby vents to make sure there is no pasty butt, which would need to be cleaned off with soap and warm water. It sounds like some had shipping stress, and look for more.
Thanks for responding.
We're getting Poultry Cell, I'll give it to each chick, as you suggested.
The chicks are on pine shavings, I don't think it's the bedding.
Amara got sticky bottom, some of the rest are starting to get it too. I'll take care of those.
It could be shipping stress. Thankfully, despite the pandemic, they shipped in just one day.
I'll keep an eye on her.

Back
Top Bottom