Five POL Pullets in Central NC -- at least 2 are Now Laying!

Current photos:

Nugget and Kebab (Silver-Laced Cochins):
1029211151a.jpg

Fricassee (Marans) with Classic and Everroast (Dominiques):
1029211152_HDR.jpg

1029211151a_HDR.jpg
1029211151b_HDR.jpg

(Sesame, the photobombing Langshan, is not available).

Ah man! I was about to comment about the Cochins. I guess this is life telling me that I really don't need any more birds. I just lost one of my Bantam Cochin Roosters and of course he was my favorite. Seems like every time I've tried to add Cochins, they end up being roosters. I do have a Cochin cross hen. I forgot about her. Your birds are gorgeous! I admire you for being strong enough to part with the birds that are better suited for another flock 💕

Ah man! I was about to comment about the Cochins. I guess this is life telling me that I really don't need any more birds. I just lost one of my Bantam Cochin Roosters and of course he was my favorite. Seems like every time I've tried to add Cochins, they end up being roosters. I do have a Cochin cross hen. I forgot about her. Your birds are gorgeous! I admire you for being strong enough to part with the birds that are better suited for another flock 💕

These were large-fowl Cochins, not bantams.

We deliberately bought more than we needed with the intent to choose our favorites and sell the rest.

The Cochins are my son's and he got the money for them -- having kept his favorite.

Lovely, docile birds. So friendly underfoot that I occasionally stepped on their foot feathers. 🤣

The one on the far left looks darker than the 2 beside it.Does it have a single comb?

Yes, she is darker and has a single comb, somewhat obscured the cage bars and the angle. That's Fricassee, the Marans -- you can just see the sparse feathering on her legs in this photo.

She and the two Cochins found a new home last night.

Back
Top Bottom