Flat Rate Box full of Araucana Eggs Available to ship tomorrow 6Oct08

geareduplyn

Songster
11 Years
Jun 2, 2008
Salley SC
To be shipped tomorrow(6Oct08). A flat rate box filled with eggs from my tufted Rumpless Araucana Breeders. You should aware that Araucanas are probably one of the most difficult breeds to hatch from eggs. Fertility is always iffy in Rumpless birds and can vary from week to week, plus you will be dealing with a lethal gene with the tufted chicks. I am hatching a few chicks on a weekly basis mostly to check fertility of the eggs. A week ago I got only two Rumpless Tufted chicks out of 15 hatched. Saturday (September 20) I had 8 Tufted Rumpless chicks out of 13. The eggs I ship are from the same beeeders, but the point I am trying to make is, from eggs, the type and number of chicks you will get is a gamble. Most of the hens these eggs are from have been laying for 8 to 10 months and eggs color in some cases is almost gone. There will also be some greenish tinted eggs. Price is $45.00 which includes shipping. My Paypal address is [email protected]

Last edited:
Gary fits 40 eggs into a flat rate box
ep.gif

Krista

Gary,

Are you breeding only rumpless tufted birds or do some of your breeders have tails? I am looking to add some fresh blood.

Quote:
Ann, I do not own a tailed bird, and haven't bred from one for 4 generations, but probably(I'm Guessing) 50% of my rumpless birds carry a recesive for tails. I think if you talk to anyone who has bred Araucanas for any length of time they will tell you that tails are the toughest thing to get rid of. I have a whole bunch of Double tufted cockerels that I was going to offer to members of the ACA if I ever get around to taking pictures. watch the ACA forum.

How do you package your eggs? 40 seems like a lot to fit safely in one of those boxes, lol.

I used to design packing and load support solutions for very delicate electronic parts. Those eggs will in all likelihood arrive safely. klf73 took pictures as she unpacked hers and they are in an old post on BYC somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom