Fleshy deposits found in nestbox, has my chicken thrown her ovaries?!?

i'm so sorry about your chicken.
sad.png
There must have been something very wrong inside, and that stuff (whatever it was) was a symptom of the problem. There wasn't anything you could do to help her. i doubt even a vet could have done anything. You gave her a good life and now she's in chicken heaven, where there are mealworms and treats galore.

Anyhow, so sorry again. i know how hard it is losing our little feathery friends.

1 of my chickens is doing the same thing, only mine come out like an egg shaped mass but smaller and my daughter dissected one , inside there are kidney like pieces of meat when she opened them, they were filled with what looks like fat., and some of them didn't have the flesh coat they were just fatty globules I've found 3 so far! its disgusting! please someone tell me what they are! my chickens eat scratch and flock raiser, and egg layer pellets from nutrena.

1 of my chickens is doing the same thing, only mine come out like an egg shaped mass but smaller and my daughter dissected one , inside there are kidney like pieces of meat when she opened them, they were filled with what looks like fat., and some of them didn't have the flesh coat they were just fatty globules I've found 3 so far! its disgusting! please someone tell me what they are! my chickens eat scratch and flock raiser, and egg layer pellets from nutrena.

Lash eggs....

I know that this is an old thread but sometimes a hen will actually push out her reproductive tract. I had it happen to one of my hens and I put her down. I was just going a google search to find the correct term for it so I could tell someone on Facebook exactly what it is called.

PROLAPSE! That's what it is called, "Vent Prolapse". Often it is just a case of the vent being slightly turned inside-out and can be gently massaged back in place and a little Preparation H can keep everything where it ought to be. Unfortunately it can be much worse with parts of the reproductive tract and/or intestines.

Back
Top Bottom