flies,flies,flies.

Today I got a fly trap because there were a lot of flies near the coop. It is a speakeasy coop so I did not want to offend the neighbors. There is not really any smell. Our weather is (hot 100 degrees today) and dry. Last week we had a million mosquito's this week flies.
Anyway I mixed the fly trap stuff and it smells like urine. I put it out anyway. Then later when I go out back the smell floors me. Its the trap. Yuck
sickbyc.gif

I think I will pour the fly stuff somewhere like the toilet (I don't think it is poison but I will read first. Then I will put some flat soda in it. the flies might like that better.
I also use DE in and out of the house. It can be found at the feed store I go to and online. Just make sure it is not the pool kind Get food grade DE only. You could even eat but I wouldn't.
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
The pennies in a bag of water DOES work. I've done that on my porch during heavy fly times....we have cows, too. It really does work. I think I'll go ahead and hang a few in my coop while I'm thinking about it. Good luck!

Bag is sealed shut. I've heard that the flies don't like it because the reflection of the copper in the water confuses all their eyes.
hu.gif
Something like that........

Last edited:
Cool I will certainly try it. It only cost the bag and the water. I can keep the pennies it it doesn't and no harm or smell. I was thinking of paper with the glue stuff on it but this sounds cool.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom