Flies, they're driving me nuts.

Maybe theyre just extra thick this year in CO
roll.png
They are horrible up here too and they've done driven me crazy
rant.gif
I've gone on swatting rampages and the dogs think I've done lost my mind. We have ducks and they apparently aren't aware of the fact that they should be eating the nasty, good for nothing, pesty. did I mention good for NOTHING
somad.gif
vile winged devils. And their sidekicks the Skeetos
smack.gif

Quote:
I know this post is old but just in case anyone else is searching for a chemical free solution to flies:

These super-micro predator wasps are ABSOLUTELY the only thing that got rid of my disgusting mass of flies. I had a ton of flies at the beginning of the season and they warned me that it could take a while for the fly predators to do their thing to lower the population.

I knew that when August rolled around I would not be able to deal with the 110 degrees with 90% humidity AND those horrible flies.
barnie.gif

By August I was fly-less
wee.gif
. I was literally jumping for joy when I took down my nasty, smelly fly traps that were always filling up but never seeming to diminsh the problem.

I ordered mine from https://www.spalding-labs.com/ and they sent me 10,000 tiny wasp larve every month that looked like tiny gnats in a small bag with some pine shavings and what looked like a handful of hampster poop. I then sprinkled a tiny bit in three different places where the flies seemed to be the worst. I have yet to ever spot one of these tiny little wasps once I release them but I also didn't have a single fly by August so I have to think they were doing their job.

I've already placed my order for next year with them. And I'm thinking of trying their odor reducer because after all the rain we got this fall I'm not happy with the way my place smells these days
sickbyc.gif

I hope this helps someone else...

ETA... I don't get any kick-backs from this company or anything. I just was very happy with the results
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom