Flies!!!!!

Then just put a little sugar in it. It will still catch flys and the birds love eating bugs of all kinds! :woot

If the flys are attracted on the chiCken POOP they may be intermediate vectors of parasites, and should be buried or burned at a distance to the birds.

I have never tried sand or the plaster but ever since finding out about PDZ or StallDri I rarely see a fly in coop or run. Even before I had a poop board with a couple of inches PDZ occasionally sprinkling it in the shavings helps keep moisture and smell from droppings down and flies don’t hang around. Spot cleaning of bedding just doesn’t get all the poop. My run has a roof though so on occasion I throw some PDZ in there too.

I don't have any feeders out anymore, I throw about 5 gal of pellets out about 2 hours before dark and 100 birds won't leave a single pellet on the ground for a mouse to eat. I also have a creek running thru the back yard so all critters have water whether I put water out or not. I mainly try to protect them from coons, possums, foxes, bobcats, but mostly from the neighbors dog. It killed a bunch of my birds earlier this year and they said they would fix their fence. When it came thru my yard last week, and the chickens took to the trees, I drove down to their house only to find that they have completely removed the wooden fence that kept this bird killer in. I left a note explaining what was honing to happen if I caught it near my chickens again. The sheriff already said to use the 3 S's because it's killing livestock, he even told them. Only thing I can think of is they don't want that dog around anymore. :confused:
Well you are so fortunate to have running creek water! I would love hat .Every animal loves fresh water like that.
Bad neighbors though ! too bad they aren't more responsible

Back
Top Bottom