flies!!!!!

idunno.gif
I guess animals= flies. Try hanging flypaper in places where your pets can't reach.

I have heard the fly trap bags work really well. I haven't tried it yet myself. I plan to try them next year. I had flies over the summer but they are pretty much gone now that the fall rainy season is here.

Use Golden Maldrin, put some in a cup/lid around area, if pen is above ground sprinkle/scatter some on poo pile, last for 4 to 5 days. Works great for me. Don't know why its called Golden because the kernals are blue. you will see dead flies laying around after a couple hours.
thumbsup.gif

I feed my chickens food grade diatomaceous Earth mixed into their feed (buy it at the feed store) and it makes their droppings unappealing to flies. I also sprinkle it in the chicken house to kill spiders and other bugs. It does kill lice and mites, but I don't have that problem. Flies are SO bad this time of year!
barnie.gif
Good luck!

I have found that I can keep the smell down and flies away as long as their feces doesn't come in contact with extra moisture. Are their any leaks in your roof or is there any way for rain to get in? Does rain get under your coop where the feces is? Do they spill their drinking water over their feces? I use the DE too, it helps in drying out the feces especially in high humidity. I built poop/pee trays below my raised coop so that when our Pacific Northwest flooding hits I won't have to worry about feces on the ground and it wont become unsanitary and rank smelling. I just clean the trays off into my compost every few days which is away from my house. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom