Flight/aviary netting: what have you used?

gladahmae

Songster
7 Years
May 17, 2012
Benzie, MI
we are working on putting an aerial-predator barrier up on our run since we seem to have developed an owl and hawk issue in the past year.

What flight or aviary netting have you used? Links welcome! I’m looking for something that I can have up in the spring/summer/fall and easily take down in winter as we get a LOT of snow and I don’t want to deal with having to knock snow down from it.

I'm using a product like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Aviary-Netti...5093&sr=8-30&keywords=heavy+duty+bird+netting (there's many brands that are similar in different sizes, also there's the option of a 1" opening).

No tangling like the cheaper stuff so it's pretty easy to put it up or move it around and can be cut to size. I've tested it against light snowfall and it lets the snow fall through, however I don't know if it'll behave the same with a heavier amount of snow.

you may not need to go though all the commotion of building an enclosed run. Maybe someone can back me up on this, but I have heard that several crisscrossing layers of fishing line will deter a bird of prey.:idunno

you may not need to go though all the commotion of building an enclosed run. Maybe someone can back me up on this, but I have heard that several crisscrossing layers of fishing line will deter a bird of prey.:idunno
A raccoon can climb up your walls and get right through netting, u really should have the same level of protection all around

Back
Top Bottom