Flock/Life Journey's 2019

A fox or a coyote broke in last night during the rain from this storm and chased everyone outside. Roos apparently fought valiantly but lost. Rico seems to be the only one left. Hopefully some are still hiding because i don't see bodies but:he:rantall the middles are here but missing quite a few others including my mallard and two guineas.:barniei found my buckeye hen with her back and side skinned and triaged her but no sign of my buckeye roo HR yet. The dogs were whining and barking to go out after something early this morning but it was raining and i couldn't find my flashlight so i didn't let them:he:hittonight we will be outside waiting for it to come back

:hit:hit:hit
I'm so sorry!! I hope more come back!
And good luck on the hunt! May you be very successful!!!

We have spiders!!!
3E208CA6-726A-44F1-8046-01ADA41E63F7.jpeg

Also Cajun is in molt.. poor thing!

So it either wasn't a fox or the fox told his coyote buddies. I've been up all night every night watching and I've had to run them off about 3 times a night..a whole howling yipping circling pack. Ready for hubs to be home to help me. 2 more weeks. This sucks. I'm slowly reinforcing with hardware cloth and 2x4s but I'm so danged tired during the day now i can't get much done. :he:he:thno one showed back up but no more casualties. Thank goodness it's cool out so i can sit in here with the windows open and hear them coming.:fl

So it either wasn't a fox or the fox told his coyote buddies. I've been up all night every night watching and I've had to run them off about 3 times a night..a whole howling yipping circling pack. Ready for hubs to be home to help me. 2 more weeks. This sucks. I'm slowly reinforcing with hardware cloth and 2x4s but I'm so danged tired during the day now i can't get much done. :he:he:thno one showed back up but no more casualties. Thank goodness it's cool out so i can sit in here with the windows open and hear them coming.:fl
:barnieOnce the predators find the chickens they keep coming back!

Aw! I'm sorry! That's no fun... hope hubs gets back soon for ya!
Sending ya bunches of internet hugs!!
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom