Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Afternoon all!
Well... it was my husband's idea.... i blame him :gig we're trying our first incubation of our own flock eggs!!! :wee:love

I grabbed a couple of each color that i had seen were fertile before... we're trying 9 eggs right now. We'll candle on day 3 and 6 to see if fertile. :D
D8499572-D49F-4267-A9AA-5AEB5AA01690.jpeg 58CE5FBE-D7BE-47E6-AD25-258C01C298C8.jpeg

A fox or a coyote broke in last night during the rain from this storm and chased everyone outside. Roos apparently fought valiantly but lost. Rico seems to be the only one left. Hopefully some are still hiding because i don't see bodies but:he:rantall the middles are here but missing quite a few others including my mallard and two guineas.:barniei found my buckeye hen with her back and side skinned and triaged her but no sign of my buckeye roo HR yet. The dogs were whining and barking to go out after something early this morning but it was raining and i couldn't find my flashlight so i didn't let them:he:hittonight we will be outside waiting for it to come back

A fox or a coyote broke in last night during the rain from this storm and chased everyone outside. Roos apparently fought valiantly but lost. Rico seems to be the only one left. Hopefully some are still hiding because i don't see bodies but:he:rantall the middles are here but missing quite a few others including my mallard and two guineas.:barniei found my buckeye hen with her back and side skinned and triaged her but no sign of my buckeye roo HR yet. The dogs were whining and barking to go out after something early this morning but it was raining and i couldn't find my flashlight so i didn't let them:he:hittonight we will be outside waiting for it to come back

I am so sorry!

Time to harden up the coop

We've had a fox around for several years but, haven't seen him in ages. Maybe a car caught up with him. He was either mangy or didn't heal well from an injury, so it was easy to recognize him. Once he brought a girlfriend with him - he used to crash at the back of the yard under heavy brush. Never saw any babies though.

Good evening/morning everyone :frow

Popping in again to say hi. It’s going to be busy for me until December :hit

So sorry about what that fox did! :( Hope everything sorts out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom