Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Bad News!!
I'm no longer a Chicken Mumma.
This morning the chickens were making noises in the coop. Jordan went to check it out. Big Eastern Brown Snake in the coop trying to get the chickens. And the chickens were bashing it up. Anyways no chickens were hurt. But I called a snake catcher to come remove the snake. He had to dismantle the coop to get the snake. So I put Hazel and Almond for Free to a good home and a family came and picked them up. I had nowhere to coop them until we sort the coop out.
Scared the hell out of me. One of Australia's deadliest snakes in my coop!
I'm ok. Feel I did the best for the girls so they don't get hurt.

Oh no! Sorry about that. :hugs

Bad News!!
This morning the chickens were making noises in the coop. Jordan went to check it out. Big Eastern Brown Snake in the coop trying to get the chickens. And the chickens were bashing it up. Anyways no chickens were hurt. But I called a snake catcher to come remove the snake. He had to dismantle the coop to get the snake. So I put Hazel and Almond for Free to a good home and a family came and picked them up. I had nowhere to coop them until we sort the coop out.
Oh no!!! The eastern browns are awful! Glad the girls were ok ~ & yep. No doubt you did the right thing.

Oh no!!! The eastern browns are awful! Glad the girls were ok ~ & yep. No doubt you did the right thing.

Move out here - we only have garter snakes

Yeah it had to be one of the most venomous snakes we have here too. I was scared for the snake catcher life and he is a pro.
Couldn't believe it. When Jordan called out snake in the chicken coop. I thought he was playing a joke on me then I see the chickens going crazy and the snake trying to go them. The coop was pretty snake proof but. The snake got in but couldn't get out.
I'm now considering if I want chickens again now. It was a real eye opener.

Yeah it had to be one of the most venomous snakes we have here too. I was scared for the snake catcher life and he is a pro.
Couldn't believe it. When Jordan called out snake in the chicken coop. I thought he was playing a joke on me then I see the chickens going crazy and the snake trying to go them. The coop was pretty snake proof but. The snake got in but couldn't get out.
I'm now considering if I want chickens again now. It was a real eye opener.
Good evening Krystal. Don't let one snake deter you... figure out how it got in and adjust your next coop to prevent it.

How are you and baby doing?

Bad News!!
Aaww, I’m so sorry you had to make that decision.. but totally understandable! Now you can just focus all your attention on your new precious little one... how are you coming along..?

Bad News!!
That's scary! Sorry you had to give up your girls :hugsso glad they are okay though!

Well it's looking like my blue Andalusian is turning out to be a roo. And i think he's got a thing for the Cornish cross hen i still have. :gig
PSX_20190914_112638.jpg
PSX_20190914_112741.jpg
PSX_20190914_112830.jpg

Then we have the oddest bosom buddies I've yet to see. Rocky the game fowl roo and Salt & Pepper the guinea keets:lau Gina is hanging out in the coop brooding so salt and pepper have apparently decided to follow Rocky everywhere
20190914_110544.jpg

PSX_20190914_112935.jpg

Good evening Krystal. Don't let one snake deter you... figure out how it got in and adjust your next coop to prevent it.

I'm sick at the moment but baby is doing amazing she's moving around and has had the hiccups. That was pretty cute. I try to talk to her as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom