Flock Master64's Coop/Hutch Photo Contest!

Our coop has evolved a few times.No longer a pallet wood coop like we started with.

Definitely not as pretty as the first coop on here but it serves our chickens well.

3 levels inside (no the heat lamp isnt on and is just as a "oh crap" if we need it due to excessive cold), bottom floor is ground (has food and heated water), 2nd level is nesting boxes and top is roost area.

Last edited:
Our coop has evolved a few times.No longer a pallet wood coop like we started with.

Definitely not as pretty as the first coop on here but it serves our chickens well.

3 levels inside (no the heat lamp isnt on and is just as a "oh crap" if we need it due to excessive cold), bottom floor is ground (has food and heated water), 2nd level is nesting boxes and top is roost area.

Looks attractive to me -- and as long as there's ventilation and it stays dry the chickens will be happy! The OSB wall panels eventually will deteriorate but you'll get a few short years of use before having to worry about that -- unless there's a rain leak inside. I managed to keep our first little OSB coop in shape for 5 years and passed it on to someone who actually wanted it -- so it's possible to use OSB but it was the Dickens to keep protecting it from sun and moisture.

One of our 3 chicken tractors, "Poultry In Motion." Built on an old produce wagon. It's actually two, two, two coops in one. ;)

Most proud of the barn quilts I painted for each end:

I can get a little carried away with details. :):

Link to the build here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/pim

Wow! Must be heaven having enough property to put such a beautiful build to great use!

WoodsInTheWinter.

900x900px-LL-a7aa3ac3_55557_img_1347.jpeg

Wow!!! So beautiful!!

NOTICE

im extending the end date to this contest to December 22nd for 2 reasons. Reason 1 I didn't have as big a turn out as I expected so I hope we can some more entries. Reason 2 I'll probably run out of data and won't be able to judge the contest and I don't want to keep you all waiting for the results. I'd also really appreciate it if you all could spread the word about this contest and try and get more entries. Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom