Flock stolen-may be in Barrington nh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Because there are no local police where the birds are being kept...a lot of small Maine towns are like that.

Nice... Are there any sheriff depts.? Mercy, there has to be some kind of law and order.

As I said earlier, the law in Lebanon, Maine is handled by the Maine State Police. Really, it's a fact. My husband is from there, we still have a house there, we're up there every other weekend tending our beehives there. No local police, no sheriff department.

Be that as it may, there is absolutely no excuse for why the police aren't doing something about this. Something isn't coming across here properly, somehow. They were stolen according to the original poster. Livestock is personal property, not a civil matter. A police report should have been initiated in her town, a copy given to the Maine State Police, I know they wouldn't just ignore it, they settle smaller disputes than this one all the time. What else is wrong with this whole picture?

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice... Are there any sheriff depts.? Mercy, there has to be some kind of law and order.

As I said earlier, the law in Lebanon, Maine is handled by the Maine State Police. Really, it's a fact. My husband is from there, we still have a house there, we're up there every other weekend tending our beehives there. No local police, no sheriff department.

Be that as it may, there is absolutely no excuse for why the police aren't doing something about this. Something isn't coming across here properly, somehow. They were stolen according to the original poster. Livestock is personal property, not a civil matter. A police report should have been initiated in her town, a copy given to the Maine State Police, I know they wouldn't just ignore it, they settle smaller disputes than this one all the time. What else is wrong with this whole picture?

Holy cow! It sounds like the wild west all over again! I guess the only thing she can do now then is hope that the lawyer and media come through for her. If there was enough people from here on BYC and animal advocates (the humane society?) maybe they could all rally together and do some sort of picket, like what was suggested earlier. I wish I lived a whole lot closer and I would get the ball rolling myself on this. The whole idea here is to shame the people into giving these chickens back! Total disgrace! You know, what point is there of living in the United States when you are essentially being denied the right to have property. If there is no law organization willing to help this woman recover her property, then she is being denied that right. That is completely illegal and a disgrace to this nation and every soldier who has fought and is fighting for it's freedom. Somewhere, somehow, this has got to be fixed and stopped. Did you file a police report for this problem?

Last edited:
Quote:
Before you spend money you don't have on a lawyer, call the state police in both states and ask to speak to the public relations officer. Explain to him/her that the livestock was stolen, has been located and despite the fact that they've been located, you can't get the state police in either state to help you recover this stolen property (you did file a police report, right?). Tell them that you thought they might like to know that you're going to the media with it. Then, depending on the response you get, write a letter to the editor of the Manchester Union Leader (or which ever paper was most local to where you lived) about the NH police's refusal to help you (the hens were stolen in NH) as well as the Press Herald as someone else mentioned. By any measure this is either fraud or theft and the police DO handle both.

Some people keep saying hmm whats missin here ? or what isnt being told here? well i am telling you all everything as it happened. i mean for a detailed statement it would be about 5 pages perhaps. however the short facts are here told to u all and anyone who wants to know. facts are HE took picked up the birds as payed to do but did NOT bring them to me as agreed. i did not even know he actually picked up the birds because he wouldnt answer my calls. to this day i still havent spoken to him. his wife i have spoken with. she is a liar anyways as im finding out now! the barnstead pd was contacted on july 10when i recieved fone calls telling me the camper was in the driveway door wide open and birds flying everywhere. at that time i didnt know matt had taken them so i called the barnstead pd who went to the house n called me on his cell fone. he reported 3 chickens,3 ducks and 30 or so quail out and about and the camper empty. its hard to write everything on here but in short the camper was where the birds were for transport. in cages w/fruit slices and water for ducks. windows w/screens opened for ventilation. anyhow- i do not know if the police officer wrote up a report or not. i was 6 hours away -i assumed he did but sigh i dont know. on july 11 i got a hold of the only neighbor i had in barnstead who described the man who tried to take the camper but couldnt so he opened the door and took out cages n loaded em in his truck. now im thinking its m,a,t... obviously -he was the only one with the key! for weeks ive been chasing down answers. now i have them and i still cant retrieve my flock who is being killed off by a dog!!! to email me n say im leaving something out is mean-i do understand this story is bizarreas i cant even grasp it but please dont doubt my words or this true story. my kids cry daily for their feathered friends as i do a grown woman! yes i feel like an idiot-i trusted these people-i dont know why they did this because i GAVE them call ducklings and giant cochin chicks for helping me move! this is the thanks i get. i am sick over this!! i appreciate all of u who care and for the ones who doubt even though i can understand your doubts i could tell you the same story 300 xs and it wouldnt change because its all true.
D.gif

I would like to speak to the police handling it. Nothing mean -just asking what we have to do to get some more attention on the matter...

I also saw where some fellow Mainers and local bycers would make the hike to pay these people a visit with some big, highlighted picket signs. I'm sure it being a hourse facility, there will be customers who would see this.

I think that may be the best bet

The police can not just "pass the buck". My husband works in law enforcement as a fire fighter and we also have several good friends that are police officers and state police here in VA. When a complaint is filed, they have to work to get to the bottom of it. Why are you trying to contact that same police officer if he's not willing to call you back? You need to ask to speak the the chief and let him know what is going on. If these birds truly have been stolen, then it is their legal duty to recover your stolen property. The saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" really is true! You need to be that squeaky wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom