Flock stolen-may be in Barrington nh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I apologize for doubting you. There have been people like that in the past who have done what I said, and I just hate to see it happen to these members. Sorry, I thought wrong. Seminolewind

i am taking my apology back. I called the number above. It was public safety. She said I needed a different number. So I called the new number, 207-532-5400, and this person had a log of what the state police have been called for. There is NO record of this stolen chicken business. In fact, she got a few other calls, (BYC members, no doubt), and told them the same thing. THEN she asked me what this was about, and I told her about our BYC.
So, I'm pretty sure you are pulling one over on innocent people-based on what the Maine State Police dispatcher has told me. No record of your contact with the police.

Please don't be so quick to jump down her throat. We don't know anything for sure. I think that's what they call police up there... I don't know the dispatchers answer in that way -wierd northerners, I persume:))

As for the nice lady saying a Lebanon PD didn't exist, I've been on the phone half the morning and have called three dept. One in Houlton (which is the closest state police dept. to where they were stolen from in Stacyville), one in Barrington which is where she thought they were and I thought there may have been a report and one near Lebanon 603-643-3555 which is where the chickens have been located. I am just trying to help, like most people here, and if that means getting to the bottom of something fishy, than that's fine. But I'm a believer at this point and til I hear otherwise (facts) I will continue to be supportive:)

603 is a New Hampshire area code. You are calling Lebanon, New Hampshire PD.

Maine only has one are code, 207, and Lebanon, Maine does not have a PD.
roll.png

I know this because...I actually live in Maine.

Last edited:
The first number I called is the one that was posted -207-657-3030, which was posted by 4peeps to call and check out her story. They never heard of it or her name.
The person at this number told me that the number I need to call is 207-532-5400. This was State police, and they never heard of it or this person's name either, no record of any call from her. Although she said that other people have called to check out this story.
If these are the wrong numbers to call (which I doubt), then 4peeps should have posted the correct numbers.

*Well, heck, FF-- I've read this thing more than half-a-dozen times now, and I'm thinking I need a push-pin map to keep up and keep track of whatall's involved! These birds move faster than a Domino's pizza delivery driver. . . . . Ed: Sorry, Didn't mean to be quite that flippant about it.

Last edited:
Well, I gave Maine's Dept. of Agriculture info. on page 11. Did you contact them yet to find out if there was any permits obtained before you birds were moved over the border?

I believe we're dealing with someone whom has very little resources or ability to deal with this situation and, I think, it would be very beneficial for her if someone with knowledge of the area, like one of these Mainers or New Hampshierers who are quick to point out there expertise:) could give her a pm and offer to help

That would be great.

I live in NH, in Barrington to be exact, what do you want to know? I have not heard of this story in the local paper, news or feed stores.
hu.gif

well i have been on the fone all day and come here to post some what i think may be awesome news and see all the posts. now lets see here-the number i gave came from the number i dialed myself. and a dispatcher did answer and did relay it to someone who called me back. the state police woman i spoke with knows who i am obviously. it could of been a different dispatcher tho. however doubt all you want .. at this point i am tired of trying to prove my story. i give you the numbers and u say theyre fake!? now i will double check but i dont think i miswrote the number... ok this is the number i called-For other Police, Fire , or Rescue business
(Non-Emergencies),
please call 207-657-3030
i spoke with them a few times. if they say they dont know me well thats very odd because they have to make notes of whats going on!
so to the people whod like to hear some maybe good news- i have been on the fone with the MRS.. like all day.. MR and MRS are trying to work out a way to get the birds from mr.horsefacility ..they have a couple ideas to work w/him to get them back and then hopefully i will be able to pick up what is left. mrhorsefacility said that his dog did get more birds... arrr.. so MRS is going to call me tomorrow and let me know how it goes.
fl.gif
also MRS told me that MR. NEVER told MrHorsefacility the birds were abandoned.. anyhow thats what i know for now.. i am afraid to get my hopes up but we will see!
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom