Today is day 3 on antibiotics, most of my chickens have drastically improved, all except my silkie and her 2 salmon favorelle chicks (hatched the 25th of this month). They are still showing all symptoms. Should I continue their Denagard for another 3 days?
It's possible that you are dealing with more than one pathogen, and I think Denagard doesn't treat E. coli or pseudomonas aeruginosa, which are two common respiratory bacterial infections.

Okay well I can’t afford the testing till at least Friday and even then it won’t have results back till 3 days after they receive my swabs so is there anything I can do in the mean time? I have her inside and her chicks. Ive even gone as far as putting a defuser in there today and running it with on guard (doterras cleansing blend), I’ve been giving her water mix (apple juice, water, Denagard) via medicine dropper a few times a day, the chicks are eating and drinking on their own still.

You could try another antibiotic with the Denagard. I think some vets recommend it with oxytetracyline.
Yep. Denagard has a synergistic effect with tetracycline drugs. However I dont know how the tetracycline product would be administered. I suspect it might be by injection, not sure.

Yep. Denagard has a synergistic effect with tetracycline drugs. However I dont know how the tetracycline product would be administered. I suspect it might be by injection, not sure.
I found one online that’s prescription only that’s water soluble and one that would take 30 days to arrive, I’m still looking for other options. I’d like to avoid needles as they scare the hell out of me but my mom in law is a phlebotomist so if need be I can call her and ask her to help me

Back
Top Bottom