Floods

Quote:
I wish I could know how to miltiquote here....

Vcomb I live in Ipswich... Yeah. Don't google that right now.

Mulewagon: Yes! I am SO grateful I read those stupid apocolypse books a few months ago and started hoarding food in barrels and things! I have enough food and water for quite a few months for just us as well as meat growing outside!

I'm really nervous. I'm not sure what these floods will effect, what they'll do... if we'll be out of power... what's going on. All I know is things are floating away...
hmm.png

Thank you all SO much for your considerations and prayers. I got the last of the water in the second fridge - hoping to keep them all cold as long as possible and am freezing bags of water as well to keep the freezer frozen if electricity goes down as well as more water sources.

We should be fine, us two! I'm worried about the farm, though. It's floating away...

I hope that your family can safe and dry. Please be VERY careful in the flooded areas, it does not take much flowing water to knock someone off of their feet. You cannot see any holes or washouts either in dirty flood water.

As someone who has gone through a terrible flood ( Katrina in New Orleans), my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone suffering in your country.

Don't forget that water heaters are full of good drinking water, and toilet paper is a nice thing to have. Wash and dry all of the clothes in your house, if the power goes out you will be thankful for clean and Dry things to wear.

Last edited:
According to the news, a good deal of the area is without electricity. I've been worried about them too and following the news. Ipswitch has been in the news, too. We will just all keep them in our prayers. It makes it so much more personal when you feel you know someone who is involved.

I read this morning (Yahoo news) that they were shutting down the electricity in areas expected to flood to avoid electrocutions, too. Kansas tornadoes aren't so bad, I guess.

Quote:
Sorry I don't mean to be a pain and update in a lot of places - but thought I'd answer here since you asked.

Everything is going well. It's really really awful out there. Where I am is so pretty and perfect and everyone is pretending the world is fancy and dandy up here while the apocolypse is basically happening two streets away - it's almost sickening. I wish more people would leave this area and help others, but everyone just stays here. Down there though everyone is amazing. People I'd never met were feeding me - people I'd never met were helping me clear the silt, insulation and furniture from yet another stranger's house - nobody had 'addresses' or 'friends' or 'family'... everyone just was. We all helped each other. We all offered help to each other. Someone came door to door with medical supplies. Aboriginals, africans, asians, americans, australians (what is with the a's?!) all of them are helping each other. It would be beautiful if it wasn't so tragic.

elizabethbinary - I'm just now reading your thread for the first time. I too have seen on the news how bad things are there. I just want to wish you well. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

x2. Thoughts and prayers to you and your fellow countrymen who are dealing with such a huge catastrophe. I hope everyones critters are doing all right. Smart thinking on your part of stocking up on food stuffs. Updates on the news tell us that the flooding is receeding but now the real work begins. Keep us posted if you can.

Back
Top Bottom