Flooring!

Yes, now I see what you're talking about. As you live in Virginia your winter temps are going to be way too low for your flock to withstand. The air that's going to come up through there will be awful for them. Slap some plywood in there for your base and then I'd recommend putting a remnant piece of linoleum on top (and up the sides if you can)...this will give you a good surface especially for cleaning purposes.

How many chickens are you housing in it? And what's the size of that coop?
I have 2 Sexlinks, 2 Australorp, 2 Barred Rock and that's it for right now..All between 16-18 weeks old.

Now for the Coop the Run = 74'' L X 4' W.....The back part is 3' L X 4' W... Doors on both ends.

Now i'm going to tear one side off and make it about 2-3' wider, just not sure on the other side yet, Then the front side will lead into a 10' X 10' pen for a little while too they get use to it.. Then they will have access to 10+- Acres!!!

I have 2 Sexlinks, 2 Australorp, 2 Barred Rock and that's it for right now..All between 16-18 weeks old.

Now for the Coop the Run = 74'' L X 4' W.....The back part is 3' L X 4' W... Doors on both ends.

Now i'm going to tear one side off and make it about 2-3' wider, just not sure on the other side yet, Then the front side will lead into a 10' X 10' pen for a little while too they get use to it.. Then they will have access to 10+- Acres!!!
Okay...so what are you going to do with the floor of the coop???

I guess im going to have to put a sheet of plywood down, and put a piece of vinyl on top of it and load it with sand or pine shavings after I put 1X6s around the boarder, to hold it in!?!???

I guess im going to have to put a sheet of plywood down, and put a piece of vinyl on top of it and load it with sand or pine shavings after I put 1X6s around the boarder, to hold it in!?!???

NOW you're talkin' !!! Yes, you can 'load' it with sand (be sure it is construction-grade sand, not play sand), but if you choose to use pine shavings start out with only 3-4 inches in at first. Then you can add as needed.

Back
Top Bottom