Florida Always Sunny Side up Chicken Swap. UPDATE

Plantcityhomestead: It should be good either way. I think you should bring the GL Wyandotes. I know one of my neighbors will be there and he's trying to add new genes to his mixed flock. I've seen posts where there are others coming who are shopping. LOL

seviesnape: I love spicey food.

chicks in the sun: I'm glad you volunteered the plates and utensils. Nava was gonna bring them but she's not coming.

I'll make the changes on the list.
THAnK GOODNESS OTHERS LIKE SPICY FOOD I AM ALWAYS AFRAID WHEN I GET TOGETHER WIth new people>
guess i AM GOINg TO HAve to ordER a new keyboArd this one has gone crazy

No one came to my yard sale today.
sad.png

I was trying to raise money for the swap. I really want those bantam cochins, and I spent my chicken budget for the month on the birds from tigercreek.
My mom had a whole room devoted to scrapbooking and I am trying to get rid of her stuff. If I brought some of it, would anyone be interested? PM me if you want anything, so we don't tie up this thread. I could fill up two trucks with all she had.

Cindy

Just wanted to say that I am so sorry cindy. I know how disappointing that can be
I'm really not that disappointed. I've had enough yard sales over the years, that I know sometimes, especially on a pretty day, people want to do other things. I really don't need any more chickens, it is just that "they are so cute" syndrome. I can always get them in the future, and in the meantime I will enjoy the company of other people who keep chickens. Who can be disappointed about that! I have to be strict with myself about the chicken budget or I would easily have 100 chickens and no place to put them.
D.gif

That sound wonderful, Missy! Should I bring paperplates and napkins?
I will bring a pair of Black Cayaga ducks, whick breaks my heart, but the female is really loud and my male Rouen wants to kill them.

Turns out I was wrong. My male Rouen was just trying to get to "know" the female Cayuga. I let it play out and all seems to be well, he is just so much rougher on her than on his Rouen "wife". And they are still pretty young. He doesn't seem to be bothering the male. I will check on them again tonight. I do still plan on bringing 6 Rouen hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom