FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I love it...
funny.gif

My husband said less chickens or he would leave me...I'm sure going to miss him
wink.png

Cmom where are you located at? also what kind of chickens do you have?
Dunnellon. We are having a swap next weekend, Saturday Sept. 28th at the Crystal River Mall next to Office Max. I have some 2nd generation Sex Links, Heritage RIR, SC RIW, RC RIW, SL and some Production Reds. I recently sold around 125 birds. I may be bringing some to the CR Mall swap. I will be there definitely. My DH is bugging me to downsize more.

My husband said less chickens or he would leave me...I'm sure going to miss him ;)

Probably why I'm still single lol. No time left over for anything else after work and tending to the animals :)

Let the addiction begin. :jumpy We started out with one coop and were only going to have 6 birds. We now have 9 coops and have had as many as around 400 birds. I loose count. DH said I need to downsize :bow so I have been selling some, but I love them all.  :love

I've heard of the addiction and know how I am too so started out being realistic and went with 6 coops :). Figure I'll probably have around 15-20 chickens and a few ducks. That is... if I have any luck hatching these little call eggs in the incubator right now. Looks like mostly boys with my straight run purchase so won't be too hard to cut the numbers down this time but we'll see I love them so much that I might just keep some extra roos if they continue to get along :)

Quote: I usually keep a couple of boys out of each hatch. Right now I have 12 boys. I recently sold around 80 cockerels from my hatches. I am lucky I have some people that will buy them or barter for feed. I have some pens with a few boys that were hatched together and so they have grown up together. They will establish their male pecking order especially if there are females in their pens, but for the most part get along.

There are 3 boys in this pen.

Aha
Quote: I don't buy birds at swaps either but do sell quite a few at the swaps. I am NPIP and I tell people who buy my birds, and suggest they quarantine them for a month as my birds may or may not be resistant to some disease their birds have developed an immunity to and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom