FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Do
I don't buy birds at swaps either but do sell quite a few at the swaps. I am NPIP and I tell people who buy my birds, and suggest they quarantine them for a month as my birds may or may not be resistant to some disease their birds have developed an immunity to and vice versa.
do you quarantine your own birds that aren't sold there when you get back so they don't infect your flock in case they were exposed at the swap? Just curious. Loved your joke about trading my husband. Was joking with you back but could have made joke more apparent:)

I usually keep a couple of boys out of each hatch. Right now I have 12 boys. I recently sold around 80 cockerels from my hatches. I am lucky I have some people that will buy them or barter for feed. I have some pens with a few boys that were hatched together and so they have grown up together. They will establish their male pecking order especially if there are females in their pens, but for the most part get along.

There are 3 boys in this pen.
Hi Cmom, do you sell the 80 boys at the swaps? i do the same with my pens, i have a batchelor pad with boys that have grown up together, and usually they are fine.
sometimes i get a troublemaker who causes everyone to challenge each other but they usually manage. My problem is when i have a group of boys
that didn't grow up with the boys in the batchelor pad.. i have two CCL and 3 black copper who are 4 months and i have been wondering how to deal with
that because the batchelor pad has 3 huge marans boys in it who are about 9 months. I think really my only option is to build a rooster condo and work
towards keeping two of the same breed in each condo (one as backup), i was looking at a 4 holer plan...

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am new to this thread. I live in Volusia County. I have 30 something Lavender Ameraucanas, Delawares, White Leghorns, and this includes two Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons. That should keep me busy in chickens for a while until I can build more chicken shelters, and then I want some dark egg layers.

Right now I am looking for some Indian Runner Ducklings. Does anyone know of anyone that has them?

Thanks!

Wel
Hey guys! I am new to this thread. I live in Volusia County. I have 30 something Lavender Ameraucanas, Delawares, White Leghorns, and this includes two Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons. That should keep me busy in chickens for a while until I can build more chicken shelters, and then I want some dark egg layers.

Right now I am looking for some Indian Runner Ducklings. Does anyone know of anyone that has them?

Thanks!
[/quoWelcome! Do you have chicks or adults?

Do
Quote: I don't bring any birds home that I take to a swap. I have a feed store I take them to and barter for feed. I keep the cages up off the ground and I put hay in the bottom of the cages so the birds don't touch the ground. Good luck and have fun...

I'm here with my friend at the flea market she bought some birds at an auction. I'm sitting here looking at them and noticed the one doesn't have a beak ... well barely .... I see it eating and
drinking just fine. do they live long and healthy life?

It may have hatched with a crossed beak and whoever hatched it tried to correct it by trimming the beak. I have had a few over the years that have had crossed beaks. I usually cull them.

Hi, I'm from Plant City, FL!!! Anyone near me sell Cochin Bantam hatching eggs??? I hatched 3 of 9 shipped eggs and 1 passed the following day. I would like to hatch more, but would really like to find someone local to buy from!

My flock: 5 Muscovy Duck's, 2 Pekin Duck's, 2 Cochin Bantam chick's & 14 Muscovy eggs incubating!!! The duckling's are due to hatch in 11 day's....I will trade duckling's for Cochin Bantam hatching eggs!!! Looking for Splash & Buff Barred.

Hi, I'm from Plant City, FL!!!  Anyone near me sell Cochin Bantam hatching eggs??? I hatched 3 of 9 shipped eggs and 1 passed the following day. I would like to hatch more, but would really like to find someone local to buy from!

My flock: 5 Muscovy Duck's, 2 Pekin Duck's, 2 Cochin Bantam chick's & 14 Muscovy eggs incubating!!! The duckling's are due to hatch in 11 day's....I will trade duckling's for Cochin Bantam hatching eggs!!! Looking for Splash & Buff Barred. 

Hope to have some partridge and splash next year but nothing currently. I just added them to the flock myself and my babies are only 5 1/2 wks old :). I just love them to pieces. Great personalities but definitely like to be the "boss" lol.

I have some Male Wheaten Marans that I thought I might try to get rid of at the Dunnellon swap next month. Four of them at 10 weeks old and one that is 6 months old. They are Cottage Hill bloodline. Let me know if you are interested as the swap is 4 hours away and I'm not 100% sure I need to go.

The daddy is in my avatar pic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom