FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have RIR, New Hampshire Red and Barred.

The temperature is supposed to drop to 29 degrees here tonight, but it will be dry. Do I need to put a heat source in the coop for the one night? Anybody have any suggestions?
As long as there is not wind blowing directly on them and they stay dry, the low temps will not bother them at all. Chickens can handle pretty cold weather, feathers are great insulators!!.. ......stan

My reds have been laying eggs for some time now and I have one broody sitting on about 20 eggs that should start hatching anytime now. I'm curious to see how they do in our Central Florida winter.

As long as there is not wind blowing directly on them and they stay dry, the low temps will not bother them at all. Chickens can handle pretty cold weather, feathers are great insulators!!.. ......stan
Great, thanks. I can relax a little, have a fire in the fireplace and make S'Mores with the kids tonight :)

No, I don't have heat in my coops. It is supposed to get down to 30 here tonight. I will close the vents but I leave their pop doors open.
Wow u have a nice setup. We just put a light in there. About 40-60watts. We're trying to incubate about 10 right now, then were gonna sell them. We do not have any broody chickens yet. So far they just want to lay and leave them.

I have RIR, New Hampshire Red and Barred. 

The temperature is supposed to drop to 29 degrees here tonight, but it will be dry.  Do I need to put a heat source in the coop for the one night?  Anybody have any suggestions?

We put a light in their. With 40-60 watts. We are currently trying to incubate 10 eggs, we don't have any broody chickens yet. But hopefully we hatch some good ones. All of our chickens are gorgeous though. If you want to add a couple to your mix just let me know. :)

Orange Park, Clay County

welcome-byc.gif

I am looking for hatching eggs for pick up near the Chiefland/Gainesville area. I have my first broody hen who is sitting on a couple of infertile eggs, so I want to do a switch out for her. Anyone here that can help me out?

Back
Top Bottom