FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey there Floridians!

I haven't posted in the thread in while, but now that the holidays are behind us I thought I might share a few pictures of my Wheaten Marans. They were born in June and we have just now been collecting eggs for about 3 weeks!
I had to hang up an apple from a string to get them all to stand something close to still for the camera.

The eggs are super dark - we're very pleased with them! We're going to put some in the incubator in February.

They are awesome... I just got 10 marans wheaten chicks and 10 black tailed buff chicks and they took their leg bands off :(... but now I know what they look like when they grow up so i can sort them out again :)... very pretty..

Last edited:
Is anyone planning to go to the Sanford swap this weekend? I have a bunch of young birds I need to sell and was just wondering if there is a good turnout. I do have some pullets (4 SLW, one splash Ameraucana, and one Bantam Welsummer) plus lots of extra cockerels and straight run chicks of several different breeds. If anyone is interested I will be heading up there!

Sanford Swap Meet
2nd, 4th Saturday of every month
All day
115 N. Laurel Avenue
Sanford, Florida
Phone: 407.322.1235
Fax: 407.322.3225
---> MAP
Swap Meet Phone 407-416-8265 (Andrew)
Swap Meet E-Mail [email protected]
The swap meet is held in the entire "Y" Building at Flea World in Sanford!!
Please check out: www.sanfordfarmswapmeet.com for more information!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=263639
I've never been, but it's cool that it is inside-- no weather concerns!

TTENTION: South Florida areas of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Collier County.

We are attempting to build a network of chicken friends, breeders, and backyard enthusiasts for production birds, pets, and show in the (very south) South Florida areas of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Collier County.

Once we have a group of 5 or more, we would like to begin immediately with workshops, backyard tours, and swaps so that we can learn from each other, and share resources and support.

Will you please help us find others in our area by promoting our new Facebook group via this search term ...

SoFlo Chick N Friends or contact me directly through private message pn BYC.

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP!

XOXO ANNMARIE

I went today and I had a blast!!! so many chickens to look at. I don't understand though, why half of them have 1st on the cage and then the other half 2nd and a few 3rd. Does everyone get a prize?? Its very interesting seeing the roosters of each breed as well as the hens & pullets... I have 37 chicks on the go right now so I'm pretty well satisfied but next month does see another hatch in my future :)...

The birds are all judged by class within a variety 1st. That would be the # on the tag. Then they judge best of variety BV or reserve RV. Then the judge does BB or RB Best of breed or reserve of breed. Then for best of Classificaion (like Featherleg , Modern Game, ect.)winner of these go to Champions row for rejudging for best Bantam, LF, turkey, waterfowl. from which Best of show is chosen. Hope that is clear.

Hello, nice to see so many fellow floridians here
thumbsup.gif

I'm here in Winter Garden (Central Florida, just west of Orlando).

Back
Top Bottom