FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Here are my new girls! =]

Fiona, Alice, and bridgette =]

Hi, y'all. I have been lurking around this site for a few years and I finally broke down and joined up. I know, I know, sounds like commitment issues. I live in North Central Florida and am looking forward to being on here. I have a story about why I feel I must have a learning disability because I know better than to get chicks from Tractor Supply but did it anyway, In my defense it was an act of mercy as they had been pecked pretty bad by whatever was in there prior and needed some doctoring. Long story short, the bin was marked Delawares but my spidey/chicken senses were screaming "they don't look right, throw your arms up in the air over your head and run away as fast as you can". As usual, I ignored my good sense and did it anyway. My "Delawares" have morphed into White Phoenixes that I have absolutely no use for and I am left shaking my head at myself. I've never had any but my understanding is that they are terrible layers and not much meat on them. lol Chicken drama, thank God for the occasional beer.
yuckyuck.gif
Welcome! Glad you finally took the plunge and joined.
Here are my new girls! =]

Fiona, Alice, and bridgette =]

You take the best pictures! You are inspiring me to take more of ours. Thank you for sharing.

Hello fellow floridians, I am looking for some colored guinea eggs. Does anyone out there know of anyone in the Live Oak, Lake City area with guineasmany color except pearl? Thank you

Hi, y'all. I have been lurking around this site for a few years and I finally broke down and joined up. I know, I know, sounds like commitment issues. I live in North Central Florida and am looking forward to being on here. I have a story about why I feel I must have a learning disability because I know better than to get chicks from Tractor Supply but did it anyway, In my defense it was an act of mercy as they had been pecked pretty bad by whatever was in there prior and needed some doctoring. Long story short, the bin was marked Delawares but my spidey/chicken senses were screaming "they don't look right, throw your arms up in the air over your head and run away as fast as you can". As usual, I ignored my good sense and did it anyway. My "Delawares" have morphed into White Phoenixes that I have absolutely no use for and I am left shaking my head at myself. I've never had any but my understanding is that they are terrible layers and not much meat on them. lol Chicken drama, thank God for the occasional beer.

welcome-byc.gif
Great story...

Hello fellow floridians, I am looking for some colored guinea eggs. Does anyone out there know of anyone in the Live Oak, Lake City area with guineasmany color except pearl? Thank you
I asked the one person I know that has guineas, he said he only has one chick right now. You might try some of the multitude of Facebook pages, if you do FB.

HELP
I need help
i live in volusia county florida and was wondering how many chickens you are allowed to have when livig in volusia county
please i must know
i need help
please answer

I am in Marion, so I can't tell you much about Volusia, but you can call the county. Chances are if you are rural your zoning is agriculture and you should be fine. If you are in a city, call the city zoning department and they can fill you in on all of the grizzly details.

You can call code enforcement and find out for your area also.

Back
Top Bottom