FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

@cmom
You have some truly handsome Heritage Reds there

Love the Rose combs!

Thanks. It has been many years of selective breeding. Last year 3 of my birds won champions. I must be doing something right. I didn't do well in the beginning but now progressively doing better.
I haven't been working as long with the RC Reds. I have a RC Red blind boy. I need to cull him but it is difficult. He is a late bloomer. At 8 months old he just recently started to crow. He has been in the same coop and pen his whole life and does ok. He knows the food and water. He pecks around until he finds them. I need the space. I can't put another male in there because the other male will want to fight him. He was originally with 3 other males but they kept trying to challenge him and it would freak him out so I moved them to another coop and pen and put the females in with the blind boy.

Thanks. It has been many years of selective breeding. Last year 3 of my birds won champions. I must be doing something right. I didn't do well in the beginning but now progressively doing better.
I haven't been working as long with the RC Reds. I have a RC Red blind boy. I need to cull him but it is difficult. He is a late bloomer. At 8 months old he just recently started to crow. He has been in the same coop and pen his whole life and does ok. He knows the food and water. He pecks around until he finds them. I need the space. I can't put another male in there because the other male will want to fight him. He was originally with 3 other males but they kept trying to challenge him and it would freak him out so I moved them to another coop and pen and put the females in with the blind boy.

Well thats sad.

We try to do right by our animals.
hugs.gif

You wouldn't ship some eggs (RIR Rose comb) to Tampa area would you?

Quote: Yes. It will be awhile because I haven't moved them to their breeding pens yet then I want them in there for at least a month before I collect eggs for hatching. I am putting new wire up dividing the pens. Changing from chicken wire to welded wire.

Last edited:
I haven't been working as long with the RC Reds. I have a RC Red blind boy. I need to cull him but it is difficult. He is a late bloomer. At 8 months old he just recently started to crow. He has been in the same coop and pen his whole life and does ok. He knows the food and water. He pecks around until he finds them. I need the space. I can't put another male in there because the other male will want to fight him. He was originally with 3 other males but they kept trying to challenge him and it would freak him out so I  moved them to another coop and pen and put the females in with the blind boy.

Cmom how do you know who's who?
How do you keep track of the different breads ?

Back
Top Bottom