FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Oh no! Never fun to have an injury. Does she still appear to be able to eat and drink with the injury? I would call a vet or my county extensions office and see what they would recommend for a broken beak. I've seen some stuff online where people super glue them back on, but I'm not sure how safe that really is. Hope she gets better soon.
Thank you, she is drinking fine and ate a little banana but I haven't seen her eat her feed but a couple times- I'm not outside with her constantly though. She's NOT happy being separated from the other girls but I will consider putting her back tomorrow afternoon depending. That way I can watch her with the others. She broke/chipped a piece the half the size of pencil eraser, not much but I want her safe. I couldn't tell which side it was just a minute ago when I checked on her so that's a good thing.

Jeanie took the babies out of the house for a field trip...here's a game...can you see all 6 in this picture?
hu.gif

They blend into the ground pretty good, don't they?

Here's one of the boys having a perching good time!

What's a field trip without a nice picnic? Yey mom!

Update: over reacting mother...she did chip her beak but keeping her away did more damage. She tried so hard to get out of her isolation box she was scraping her comb to the point of just bleeding so I said screw it. If she wants back that bad fine-- unfortunately she put a very nice deep scratch down my husband's arm when he went to get her out of her box and we've been tending to that. The other girls were very curious of her for about five seconds and everything was back to normal after that. It's been an hour and a half and no pecking, I'm watching the monitor right now and they are sleeping in their coop all snuggled up together. More antibiotic cream tomorrow and hopefully no pecking.

Update: over reacting mother...she did chip her beak but keeping her away did more damage. She tried so hard to get out of her isolation box she was scraping her comb to the point of just bleeding so I said screw it. If she wants back that bad fine-- unfortunately she put a very nice deep scratch down my husband's arm when he went to get her out of her box and we've been tending to that. The other girls were very curious of her for about five seconds and everything was back to normal after that. It's been an hour and a half and no pecking, I'm watching the monitor right now and they are sleeping in their coop all snuggled up together. More antibiotic cream tomorrow and hopefully no pecking.

Glad it worked out so well (sorry about your husband's arm)!

Back
Top Bottom