FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have a question (like that's new). I have 8 (7f + 1m) RIR & EE that are about 19 weeks old. A couple of them are laying (aside: first eggs are so small and cute). I was lucky to get 5 Barred Rocks who are now 7.5 weeks old. I put the 5 in a dog cage wrapped in chicken wire and put that in the coop (8'x10') last week. Every evening I let them out of the cage into the coop/run area and kick the bigs out to the yard for a couple of hours (2-4). I have attempted to let the bigs in the run (10'x20') with the littles and the bigs chase and peck the littles (as expected).

OK, so here's my question. How much pecking & chasing is normal when trying to integrate birds like this? There's been no blood or injuries. The littles aren't chased by ALL the bigs. Mainly just 3 (2 RIR & 1 EE). The others either ignore them or just knock them out of the way. The roo pretty much ignores them or a quick butt peck but nothing nasty. What is a "normal" amount of pecking order discipline?

Hello! I'm not new to BYC or FL but new to this forum. I didn't even know there was a specific forum for each state. lol I raise & sell Gold Laced Brahmas, Blue Birchen Brahmas, Blue Partridge Brahmas, Blue Buff Cochins, Isabel Cuckoo & Crele Orpingtons, & soon will have Buff Laced Brahmas, Tolbunt Polish, Silver Laced Orpingtons & Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. :)

Your brahmas are BEASTS. Awesome!

Finally started building the main coop

We are building a new coop too. We are waiting for the sheet metal on Monday.

I have my Leghorns in this coop. It is movable but we are taking off the wheels and putting sheet metal on it too. The Leghorns will go into the new coop while we renovate this one.

We ordered enough sheet metal to replace the plastic siding on these 2 coops (the plastic siding was given to us but over the years is deteriorating) and replacing it with sheet metal. Eventually we will put sheet metal on all of the coops.

We started on some of the other coops with the sheet metal. We have replaced all of the vent covers and on this coop the cover to the poop pit under the roosts.

When we were building this coop

The inside.

Hi everyone!! Didn't know if anyone needed any roosters, but I have roosters for sale. It is listed in the 8 week or older section. I have 2 Easter Eggs, 1 Cuckoo Marans and 1 Blue Andalusians . They are good roosters, but I just have too many. $10.00 each

Back
Top Bottom