FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Ok. So I popped on so stick some pictures of my hens on here I took in the past 2 or so days gone now. Plus I wanted to share what I found this morning...EGGS from the 2 sneaky young
cream leg bars that decided the nice nest boxes in the barn just aren't to their liking. (snort!) Picky little ingrates...! Found them when I went to turn on the spigot to the rain barrel cause the rains got it overflowing into the coop...got to relocate that som biscut...anyways, what do I find but the missing eggs! they started laying last week and them seems they stopped. Well least ways now we know they didn't stop!

Pretty, ain't they?

Sneaky hens...but didn't they grow into beautiful gals???

One on the left with the beret comb completely hiding her pretty eyes is Poppin. One one the right is Boo, her tail's fuller and her beret stands up a bit more.
I remember when they was wee little bits peeking out from under their mam Jeanie

I did. I put all of them on Corid. I will see what happens
1f60a.png

Ok. So I popped on so stick some pictures of my hens on here I took in the past 2 or so days gone now. Plus I wanted to share what I found this morning...EGGS from the 2 sneaky young
cream leg bars that decided the nice nest boxes in the barn just aren't to their liking. (snort!) Picky little ingrates...! Found them when I went to turn on the spigot to the rain barrel cause the rains got it overflowing into the coop...got to relocate that som biscut...anyways, what do I find but the missing eggs! they started laying last week and them seems they stopped. Well least ways now we know they didn't stop!

Pretty, ain't they?

Sneaky hens...but didn't they grow into beautiful gals???

One on the left with the beret comb completely hiding her pretty eyes is Poppin. One one the right is Boo, her tail's fuller and her beret stands up a bit more.
I remember when they was wee little bits peeking out from under their mam Jeanie

Such GORGEOUS eggs!

Hope everyone here has been well. I haven't caught up with my reading... Been super busy for a while, business, babysitting my grandaughter, and a 3400 mile motorcycle vacation in the Ozarks.

My little flock of spangled oegbs started laying. Well, a couple of them have. The other girls aren't quite there yet. But I started getting eggs, adorable tiny eggs, starting right at 22 weeks for the first girl, 23 weeks for the second. Not bad for oegb I think.
I also added three speckled sussex at pol age to my flock a week ago, the move has made them hold back on me though. But they are sweet girls, less feisty than my tiny gals, and their training to come when called (meal worms work miracles) has been easy.

I'd like to complete my little flock with a couple of partridge/blue partridge silkie hens(just pet quality, like the rest of my herd)... And finding them on craigslist has just not worked out for me so far.
So... If anyone can help, or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!
1f601.png

I don't buy birds at swaps but do make arrangements with another breeder to pick up a bird or birds for my flocks. I also take birds to sell. I have them in cages with a lot of hay in the bottoms so they don't touch the ground in case I do take them back home. There is a poultry show next month where there should be several of the country's top Silkie breeders and often times they bring birds to sell.

Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Inverness, FL.
Citrus Classic
[COLOR=FF0000]Saturday October 22, 2016[/COLOR]

9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM

Citrus County Fairgrounds arena

3600 South Florida Ave.

Inverness, Florida
---> MAP

(U.S. Highway 41 South - 1.5 miles south of the intersection of U.S. highways 44 & 41)

Show Catalog  --->TBA

Entry Form  --->  TBA
http://cflpoultrybreeders.org/

Lol
Now see... If I had just finished my catchup reading before posting all my questions would have been answered.
:lau

Not sure what show you're referring to, but the first real show of the season is later this month. I posted it at post #18135.

I think I quoted that post in my mssg above...
I have never been to a show, but I'll be at that one.
Any advice on how it will be for me as a pet keeper purchaseing birds from a show breeder? I assume that what they bring to shows are their personal BQ culls from their own show lines... But as I'm just looking for pets, I'm curious how the prices for the birds I want will be at a show event. (Partridge/Blu Partridge Silkies)
Just curious and want to be prepaired with cash.

One of my spangled oegb pullets gifted me with another tiny cream colored egg today. I got to watch her fuss with and arrange her bedding in a new nest box I added specifically for the small gals. She seemed happier with the smaller space. It's almost silly how happy making them happy maked me.

Last edited:

I think my girls have favus :(. I've been treating with Nystatin and putting probiotics in their water. So far it doesn't look like it's getting any worse and it doesn't seem to be too severe at all. I'm blaming all of this rain and Florida humidity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom