FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Did pretty well at the show. No champions but did get best of breed, reserve breed, best variety and reserve variety. Sold all of my sale birds. I'm happy with that.
smile.png

You have pretty birds.

Quote:
Thank you. It's a lot of work, but it's a labor of love. Just finished setting up the rest of my breeding coops and pens,.and just started collecting eggs for the test hatches from the first group of breeding coops and pens setup. Now I have to put them in the incubator. I hope this years hatches will be the best. I usually have my first hatch by now. This year it took longer to clear out the bachelor coops and pens and convert them over to breeding coops and pens.

Thank you. It's a lot of work, but it's a labor of love. Just finished setting up the rest of my breeding coops and pens,.and just started collecting eggs for the test hatches from the first group of breeding coops and pens setup. Now I have to put them in the incubator. I hope this years hatches will be the best. I usually have my first hatch by now. This year it took longer to clear out the bachelor coops and pens and convert them over to breeding coops and pens.

Wow, I hope you have some help. That is a lot of work for one person. Good luck with the new babies.

Quote: It is a lot of work and I do it myself. It is a labor or love but hard work. We are repairing coops. This next week we are putting metal roofs on two coops. We got the rest of the supplies today for the project. A young fellow on spring break is coming over to help me. My husband has Parkinson's. We have re-done most of 6 coops and are doing them as we get the metal. First the metal roofs then the metal siding. We did pre-drill the metal so when we put the metal up the holes should line up perfect with the purlins and all we have to do is screw the metal to the purlins and not have to worry about drilling the holes in the metal.

It is a lot of work and I do it myself. It is a labor or love but hard work. We are repairing coops. This next week we are putting metal roofs on two coops. We got the rest of the supplies today for the project. A young fellow on spring break is coming over to help me. My husband has Parkinson's. We have re-done most of 6 coops and are doing them as we get the metal. First the metal roofs then the metal siding. We did pre-drill the metal so when we put the metal up the holes should line up perfect with the purlins and all we have to do is screw the metal to the purlins and not have to worry about drilling the holes in the metal.

I wish, I had your energy! I hope you will have some time and take some photos of the coops when you are done. I have to get going and let my babies out to play. I have them in a nice size walk-in coop, but I don't let them out by themselves. Too my animals around that would love to play with them. Have a good weekend.

Hi new from Jacksonville. Just starting out three small girls but not sure what kind. I know two have frizzles feathers but that's the extent.
1f600.png

Welcome to the group. I live close to Gainesville area. It's a good idea to start with a couple of chickens at first. Good luck with your girls.

Back
Top Bottom