FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

frow.gif
Welcome!

Please add me to North West FL..........
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to the newbies, and happy chickening!

I had a great first hatch of my Rouen ducks - 6/7 - and have orders from two more people for them. I could stick a few more eggs in with theirs if anyone is interested! Can you really resist this face?
This is a concept that is really strange to me. NOT putting eggs in to hatch without plans for the chicks!! Deciding to not hatch, what will power!! ......stan

One of the only things that keeps me from just hatching without already having someone in line for them is the smell. I love ducks, but they are so stinky when they are in an indoor brooder! I must admitt I thought twice about using one of the duck eggs in pancakes yesterday, wondering if I should save it and put it in the bator, too.

One of the only things that keeps me from just hatching ...is the smell. I love ducks, but they are so stinky when they are in an indoor brooder!
Once you begin keeping ducks you know exactly why Donald Duck doesn't wear pants! I keep my ducklings on old beach towels, changing them out 1-2 times a day, hosing the old ones off & hanging them on the clothesline to dry while replacing it with another. After about a week I keep them outdoors under a wire cage during the warm daytimes so they'll leave most of their poop & smell there.

Back
Top Bottom