Flushes for aiding in toxin removal

Thank you for caring! Yes, I did the molasses flush because it was the only one on hand. It's been 24 hours since she ate the trumpet. But she's restless right now, I don't know if it's because of the poison or something else. She pooped a lot too, more than 10 times already. But she looked like she was going to vomit last night. Nothing came out, though. I heard the toxin takes a long time to get out of the system. Crossing my fingers
fl.gif

Thank you for caring! Yes, I did the molasses flush because it was the only one on hand. It's been 24 hours since she ate the trumpet. But she's restless right now, I don't know if it's because of the poison or something else. She pooped a lot too, more than 10 times already. But she looked like she was going to vomit last night. Nothing came out, though. I heard the toxin takes a long time to get out of the system. Crossing my fingers
fl.gif
Your using this one right?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213

Duh just realized what thread we are on. good grief.

Be sure she stays hydrated. Sure hope the flush works.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Thank you! She started drinking so much water, I think it's both the poison and the molasses that made her thirsty. I decided 8 hours were too long for her, so the first night, I kept it there for 3 hours, and then kept switching between clean water and the flush every couple sips.

Thank you! She started drinking so much water, I think it's both the poison and the molasses that made her thirsty. I decided 8 hours were too long for her, so the first night, I kept it there for 3 hours, and then kept switching between clean water and the flush every couple sips.
Has she eaten? if she is not unsteady on her feet you might take her outside and let her nibble on some grass.

Yes, she eats a lot. She is a little unsteady but I'm not sure why, we gave her more than enough yeast and bought spring mix for the geese to eat. She has slightly bowed legs for some reason, it looks like niacin deficiency but there's no reason for it to be.

Update: she has been pooping weird watery yellow poop with bits in it. She ate some lettuce, lots of pellets and molasses flush. Is this something abnormal?

Update: she has been pooping weird watery yellow poop with bits in it. She ate some lettuce, lots of pellets and molasses flush. Is this something abnormal?
Hard to say with geese their poo can be odd looking depending on what they have been eating or not eating. Since she has eaten hopefully you'll see her poop getting back to normal.

Is she a new goose for you since you say she has slightly bowed legs? that would have been a problem when a gosling from not getting enough niacin in her diet. Unless she hasn't been fed well since she has been an adult. What type of yeast are you using?

I'm feeding her nutritional yeast. I couldn't find brewers yeast flakes at the store, only tablets, and I wasn't sure they would work. I'm thinking maybe the legs are just a habit.

I'm feeding her nutritional yeast. I couldn't find brewers yeast flakes at the store, only tablets, and I wasn't sure they would work. I'm thinking maybe the legs are just a habit.
To me Nutritional yeast is the better of the 2 anyway. Hopefully today she is doing much better. @picalowpiepi

Back
Top Bottom