Foamy Discharge from eye

Salman93

Chirping
Sep 6, 2015
Kashmir, India
I have had these for about 6 months and they seemed to be going great. Yesterday I found that one of the hens was coughing a little and today when I went to the coop, I found the black rooster was having some foamy discharge from left eye, also it has mucusy discharge from one side of nose.
I think there is also some swelling on the face.
I am attaching a pic of it. Kindly help

Attachments

• IMG_20180204_123323443_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180204_123323443_HDR.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 43
Some kind of respiratory infection.

Not sure if you are one to use medications,
or what you would have available in India.

I'm not one to treat such things,
too hard to accurately diagnose to find the correct med to treat,
so have no experience there.

Once everyone wakes up on this side of the world,
someone will have some suggestions.

It could be mycoplasma (MG) with eye bubbles, coughing, and eyelid swelling. Medicines such as tiamulin, tylosin, oxytetracycline, or sulfa antibiotics can be used to treat respiratory diseases. Make sure that your chickens continue to eat and drink normally. These diseases can be chronic and appear again during times of stress.

I have oxytetracycline injectable, can I give it to them. If yes, then how much is to be injected. Also tell me should I treat everyone with this.

That is one I do not know dosage for, sorry. I have read where injectable oxytetracycline can cause injection site pain and muscle damage. Most people use oral oxy in chickens. Tylosin injection can be given orally though if you can find it. Only treat chickens with symptoms, since some may not get the disease.

That is one I do not know dosage for, sorry. I have read where injectable oxytetracycline can cause injection site pain and muscle damage. Most people use oral oxy in chickens. Tylosin injection can be given orally though if you can find it.

Back
Top Bottom