Folks getting rid of my chickens!!

She actually won’t let me get a job unless she approves of it meaning I need to get hired by an employer she likes
If what I’m understanding is correct. Your mom is attempting to charge you rent but is making it very difficult to get a job to pay that rent. If this is the case than I agree that you need to start making plans to get out from under her rules as soon as possible. Would it be possible to stay with a friend or family member while saving up the down payment on a house or apartment? I would also make sure that she doesn’t have access to your bank account or other financial information. If you had a bank account made while you were under her her name is likely on it as an account holder as well. I am praying for you and wish you the best of luck.

She actually won’t let me get a job unless she approves of it meaning I need to get hired by an employer she likes
And how old are you again? I would try to find a part time job on a farm where I could take my chickens and earn a little money too. If they offer housing I would move there until I could do better.You could always get another part time job if you wanted.

Last edited:
Oh I’ve tried for years to talk to her but she’s not one to talk to her children. I’m an adult I’m 19 and the only reason I’m stuck at home is because of the lack of job in the area. She doesn’t like chickens and allowed me to have chickens and they have their own area far away from the house and out of view but recently shes gotten mad at me because I won’t let her choose which doctor will be my doctor and she’s made a custom of holding my pets over my head with the threat of getting rid of them even tho she doesn’t own them or pay for them in any way. Today I stood my ground on not letting her get her way and now she’s actually trying to give them away. I’m working out a place if my own with my father but it’s up in the air and both me and my father are hoping it will blow over. Unfortunately I’m not afforded the same respect as an adult because according to my mother I’m only an adult in her eyes when it’s convenient. Most of the time I’m treated like the house maid and she won’t even let me work on a field of my choice. She had gotten me fired from jobs simply because she doesn’t want me to work there or will take away my car so that I cant work delivery because she doesn’t want her daughter doing that. It’s truly a toxic household and I’m stilling try to leave but she makes it hard denying me even basic rights. So actually talking to her about how she’s driving me away won’t even work with her. I’ve actually already made it a point to never talk to her ever again once I’m gone but for now because I’m living at home she won’t even let me go to college unless she’s taking me god forbid my partner takes me. It’s truly a shit show and she won’t even let me work my delivery job because she simply won’t let me that’s the ****ed up part
Sounds like you need to part ways. As you said, you are an adult. Take your chickens and fly the coop. There are LOTS of jobs if you are willing to work.

Get ahead of her and sell your chickens yourself. This will rid you of any responsibilities holding you back, while at the same time give your the money to tank up your car and leave for a better life elsewhere.

You can always start with chickens again as soon as you are settled and found a good job.

At 19 years old you are an adult and don't need her consent for anything such as selling your chickens, moving out or where to, consulting a doctor, taking on a job etc.

So stop whining and put your big girl panties on. It is your life and you are responsible for making the best of it.

Whishing you the best of luck!

Is there a problem with getting hired by an employer she likes? Don't need to answer. I just see so much advice to just go be independent, I want to give another perspective on it.

I'm grateful for parents who wouldn't let me take certain jobs. I couldn't see it at the time but now I can see why those jobs would have set me back more than helped me get where I wanted to go. And who supported other jobs I took (with rides to work, the use of cars, advise on handling coworkers, customers, HR, ect.) I didn't like those jobs much but they were the steps needed to get to the next steps.

Back
Top Bottom