Folks with Pigs, I need quick help

Pics

rjohns39

Enlightened
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Aug 20, 2015
Smith County, TN
One of my pot bellies gave birth a few days ago. Today she rejected the piglets. She or the others killed two and I have the lone survivor in the house. With my last litter I didn't have to do anything and she was a great mom. Is there a special nipple I need? What type of colostrum can I use? How do I give this one a fighting chance?

Colostrum isn't necessary after the first day or two. Manna-pro makes all sorts of milk replacers, including an all-purpose one for calves, goats, and pigs. You can pick up a bag of mix at TSC for about $15.

A human bottle nipple, same as the one we used for feeding bottle-baby kids, worked just fine for the one I had. I had to cut open the end a tiny bit, and she eventually destroyed it, but it lasted long enough.

One of my pot bellies gave birth a few days ago. Today she rejected the piglets. She or the others killed two and I have the lone survivor in the house. With my last litter I didn't have to do anything and she was a great mom. Is there a special nipple I need? What type of colostrum can I use? How do I give this one a fighting chance?
Oh no! Sorry you are going through this! I dont actually have pigs but have raised alot of other species. I did.look up this resource for you, this lady gives pretty comprehensive information here.
http://www.pigs4ever.com/resource.php?recordID=24

Back
Top Bottom