Follow me to a trip to China

Pics
Don't get me started on camera... there is absolutely no privacy in China. In addition to cameras everywhere, you are required to have a smart phone and do everything there so the police can have a record of everything you do anytime they want. (You are required to link your phone to your true identity )

For example, any touristy place you go, you can't just buy a ticket and enter like how it's supposed to be. No, you have to have a smart phone, have wechat installed, scan a qr code using wechat and buy your ticket that way. The ticket office will not simply sell you a ticket.

Another example is all restaurants ask you to use your phone to scan a qr code for menu, and order from there. If you ask for a physical menu, they will tell you that it's outdated. 😡

So at this point I have deep despise for smart phones. It started out innocent and convenient, making people use it voluntarily, but can be lethal once in the hands of authoritarian government.

Not to mention creating a robotic society that lacks human interaction and nature's touch.
I share your thoughts. We all need to produce way less data.

I really missed the boat *cough* on this thread, having learned about it last night from RC's FBA update post.

The photos were wonderful! And the old stonework everywhere really impressed me. It looked like granite, which is a very hard stone to work with.

Thank you for sharing your trip Light! I'm so sorry Tina died while you were away. That would've been heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom