Food questions

I ran out of layer feed one day and had no choice but to feed my layers medicated for a couple days. I live in nowhere land. Nearest co op is 20 minutes and honestly I don't like them..I don't want to feed my birds something labeled poultry feed and told it's layer pellets. Feels like I'm being scammed. I like the other co op an hour away. 😁

Ok will it make there poop weird because I have adult eating it not because they are getting into baby chick ....food so I am wonder of that's the case or no....also on a different note if my chickens have clear poop would you deworm them or treat with corid?
What I don't know about poultry illness, injury, and disease would fill books, and does.

Take some photos, post to the Illness/Injury forum. DO NOT title your post "Emergency", "Please Help" or any similarly useless thing. Try "Watery Poops, possible Worms? [Photos]" to get the attention you want from those most likely to be qualified to opine. (again, NOT me.)

I will observe - because its hot here, and I have been doing this a little while - that poultry water consumption increases with temperature, and laying hens drink more water than roos, pullets, or non-layers. Laying also increases (or tends to) as the length of day increases. All that extra water consumption results in increasingly watery poops, which will tend to firm up in late fall. That's part of the normal cycle. I don't know what its like in Iowa right now, except I think you are on the border for some bad weather today???

Be safe!

Back
Top Bottom