FOODS GUINEAS CAN AND CAN'T EAT

Hard boiling does not any any fats to them which are added by whatever lubricant you use for frying being it vegetable oil or whatever you use.

"Frying" was not the word I used.

I said I cracked eggs into a pan and cooked them.

I tend to use a non-stick pan and very little fat, or sometimes I add some water instead so it's more like boiling them out of the shells.

And a small amount of fat won't hurt the chickens or guineas anyway.

"Frying" was not the word I used.

I said I cracked eggs into a pan and cooked them.

I tend to use a non-stick pan and very little fat, or sometimes I add some water instead so it's more like boiling them out of the shells.

And a small amount of fat won't hurt the chickens or guineas anyway.
Hard boiling does not add anything to them therefore is the better method.

Hard boiling does not add anything to them therefore is the better method.
If your goal is to feed only cooked egg with absolutely nothing added, and you have no interest in opening the egg before you cook it, I agree that boiling them is better.

When my goals are different, other methods can be a better choice for me.

I feed mine 20% starter and switch to 20% grower at a few weeks. (Less waste) They do good on that.
20% protein chick starter does not meet the proper requirements that keets need for their high metabolism and rapid growth. It is also deficient in the levels of lysine, methionine and niacin for their proper development.

I couldn’t find plain white millet to use as a training tree, so I got a wild bird mix that also has sunflower seeds and peanuts. The peanuts are shelled. Are they OK to give to the birdies, or should I separate them out?

Do you feed the freeze dried mealworms? If so I am going to get some for the guineas.
They LOVE mealworms. I’ve actually trained my guineas to come flying home when they hear me make the special “I’ve got worms” call.
Sadly the dried worms cost more than a car these days, so I started growing my own live ones - much cheaper and easy to raise. The chickens and guineas absolutely go crazy for them!

Back
Top Bottom