~Fools Gold~ (a daring role play)

Pics
Amer grabbed an orange out of the bag labeled Cara Cara. It could only be Cara Cara. Amer loved the dark pink color of the flesh and their flavor. Ewwww penicillin, she thought. One of the oranges had a green mold with silver gray edges all over the surface. She removed the infected orange and dropped it on her compost pile, brushing off her hands like she had just handled a dead rat.
I’m late, aren’t I, she thought. No. Amer wasn’t just late. Amer was notoriously remiss, but this daydreaming delinquent was a whole day late, a feat she normally wasn’t able to pull off.
She was usually just the last one, not so remarkably belated.
“Oh well,” she sighed, running a brush through her hair once before tossing it aside, then brushing her teeth. She had always had such nice teeth. She wouldn’t want to ruin that.
Then she reached for her prototype adventure backpack (courtesy of those amazing, hardworking penguin scientists in Antartica) and tried to see if there was any more space to fit stuff in. She hadn’t packed a hairbrush but it was already clear that brushing hair was not one of her priorities.
Of course there was space. This backpack was designed to give you back support and always have space for more. Quite a revolutionary design.
She looked at the serene, fluffy lump on the rolly chair that he chose as his preferred sleeping spot in the morning and decided it wouldn’t be fair to suffocate dear Shiloh in her backpack, no matter how expansive it was. So she set the backpack on the piano bench where she had spent countless agonizing moons practicing her oboe skills and shoved it on. It was surprisingly... unpainful, once she managed to strap it around her waist, of course. There was an elusive few of backpacks that actually fit snugly around her minuscule middle and there was unfortunately a lot of tugging involved in order to make this particular one small enough.
With that secure, it was only a matter of grabbing the ten pounds of fluff before her and heading out the door.
She then threw on a coat over her t-shirt. The t-shirt was a hopeful reminder that warmer weather was ahead.
Then Amer trudged through the snow.
Amer hopped into the drivers seat of her car (for the purpose of this rp we’re saying she has one) and she drove to the warehouse. (It was quite far from where she lived, but Amer could drive very fast.) She stopped in a Walmart parking lot and left the vehicle there, not really caring about the junky thing’s fate.
She opened the door, grabbed Shiloh, and began running to the warehouse.
“Sorry. I’m. Late.” She gasped in the warehouse doorway. She unstrapped her pack and sat down, setting a bewildered Shiloh beside her.
“I think I inherited chronic lateness from my grandma.”

Roo put her hand on Chonk's white-furred stomach. He attempted to bite her, but he couldn't quite reach. She pulled her hand away regardless and Chonk turned to look at the dragon as a possible creature to terrorize. He pricked his ears and flicked his tail, standing still and watching the dragon.
Parzoval sat with his head cocked, completely still as he watched the cat, waiting for it to make a move.
Kate showed up, with a brown fabric backpack, in pajamas and a thick pink hoodie. She walked directly to the group and tossed her bag on the floor haphazardly. Giving a crooked apologetic smile and finding herself a seat on the concrete floor.

She'd read the letter when it first arrived and put the meeting time in her phone, but since then had forgotten exactly what they were supposed to be doing here.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to get supper ready before I could come." She said, then frowned, because she'd made an excuse. Be late and own it, or don't be late. "Cute cats." She said her eyes fixing on them, and a small dragon. She didn't move to touch any of them, watching them meant she wouldn't be drawing any more attention to herself.
(man I gotta agree with Gary on this, I've never used my name/nickname to RP it's weird XD)
fluff layed in bed idly, earbuds hooked up to her phone playing music from her favorite 2000's rock bands. She opened her eyes to the blank ceiling she'd seen many times before- it was her bedroom, after all. If anything a makeshift one. The original intent of the 15' by 15' cube on the second story was an office, hence the plainly painted walls. There weren't any posters in the room. Dad discouraged any tape, glue, or nail to so much as touch the surface of his precious paint job. Not that fluff had anything to put on her wall, anyway. She kept a lot of her interests to herself, a habit she always had but never knew exactly why. You could say she was secretive, but she didn't use that word. Everything was more of a game of life-long keep away. Only her friends knew her interests.
Right.
Her friends.
The warehouse at 6. Almost forgot for a second, even though fluff had been thinking about this nonstop ever since she intercepted that letter from the mailbox before mom got home. (cranberry forbid any parental unit get wind of this emo rat socializing with outsiders, they'd isolated her 3 years in homeschooling for a reason, right?) It was 5:53 PM on an overcast night, (or day? Idk i assume it's still winter) she left herself 7 minutes to make it down to the abandoned warehouse by the marina. Sitting up out of bed, she turned her music off, stuffed everything she needed in her black jansport backpack, and opened her window. Her dad had designed this room so that outside the window, part of the roof touched the garage roof, making for an easy fire escape. Foot outside on the black roof shingles, essentials on her back, and mind buzzing, the mission has started. Swiftly, fluff walked over the garage roof towards the neighbors yard, beginning her desent onto a trash can, and then onto the leafy ground.
7 minutes went by fast and the warehouse was in sight, planted in a lot of old cement with various pesky weeds thriving in the cracks. She went over in her mind how she would enter, getting closer to the building she started to shake a little. Even around her friends she got nervous. Putting one hand in the pocket of her flannel, she tried to forget. Open hand now on the cold door handle, she entered the warehouse.

(Pardon any mistakes, it's 5am)
(Also I see unread posts but I'm throwing this out anyway without reading them yet because I'm #edgy)
Amer grabbed an orange out of the bag labeled Cara Cara. It could only be Cara Cara. Amer loved the dark pink color of the flesh and their flavor. Ewwww penicillin, she thought. One of the oranges had a green mold with silver gray edges all over the surface. She removed the infected orange and dropped it on her compost pile, brushing off her hands like she had just handled a dead rat.
I’m late, aren’t I, she thought. No. Amer wasn’t just late. Amer was notoriously remiss, but this daydreaming delinquent was a whole day late, a feat she normally wasn’t able to pull off.
She was usually just the last one, not so remarkably belated.
“Oh well,” she sighed, running a brush through her hair once before tossing it aside, then brushing her teeth. She had always had such nice teeth. She wouldn’t want to ruin that.
Then she reached for her prototype adventure backpack (courtesy of those amazing, hardworking penguin scientists in Antartica) and tried to see if there was any more space to fit stuff in. She hadn’t packed a hairbrush but it was already clear that brushing hair was not one of her priorities.
Of course there was space. This backpack was designed to give you back support and always have space for more. Quite a revolutionary design.
She looked at the serene, fluffy lump on the rolly chair that he chose as his preferred sleeping spot in the morning and decided it wouldn’t be fair to suffocate dear Shiloh in her backpack, no matter how expansive it was. So she set the backpack on the piano bench where she had spent countless agonizing moons practicing her oboe skills and shoved it on. It was surprisingly... unpainful, once she managed to strap it around her waist, of course. There was an elusive few of backpacks that actually fit snugly around her minuscule middle and there was unfortunately a lot of tugging involved in order to make this particular one small enough.
With that secure, it was only a matter of grabbing the ten pounds of fluff before her and heading out the door.
She then threw on a coat over her t-shirt. The t-shirt was a hopeful reminder that warmer weather was ahead.
Then Amer trudged through the snow.
Amer hopped into the drivers seat of her car (for the purpose of this rp we’re saying she has one) and she drove to the warehouse. (It was quite far from where she lived, but Amer could drive very fast.) She stopped in a Walmart parking lot and left the vehicle there, not really caring about the junky thing’s fate.
She opened the door, grabbed Shiloh, and began running to the warehouse.
“Sorry. I’m. Late.” She gasped in the warehouse doorway. She unstrapped her pack and sat down, setting a bewildered Shiloh beside her.
“I think I inherited chronic lateness from my grandma.”
"I brought coffee! And other drinks." Haddie called to the stream of people entering. She hugged her fuzzy jacket closer before drawing a long sip of her icy blended drink.

Parzoval sat with his head cocked, completely still as he watched the cat, waiting for it to make a move.

"I brought coffee! And other drinks." Haddie called to the stream of people entering. She hugged her fuzzy jacket closer before drawing a long sip of her icy blended drink.
Amer was one of those uppity people who only drank water. She hated caffeine and sugary drinks.
Milk was good though.
“Sorry, I’ll have a water,” she said grabbing a long tube from her backpack and biting it, sucking the water.
“Or milk.” She didn’t bring any along because milk could spoil easily. She looked around, not seeing any milk. “Should’ve brought a cow. There’s an over abundance of those where I come from.” She laughed awkwardly at her own joke.

Amer was one of those uppity people who only drank water. She hated caffeine and sugary drinks.
Milk was good though.
“Sorry, I’ll have a water,” she said grabbing a long tube from her backpack and biting it, sucking the water.
“Or milk.” She didn’t bring any along because milk could spoil easily. She looked around, not seeing any milk. “Should’ve brought a cow. There’s an over abundance of those where I come from.” She laughed awkwardly at her own joke.
Gail nodded sagely. She was a strictly non caffeinated person for a while, first out of principle, and eventually out of a fear of migraines. She took another draw of her drink, pursing her lips as she swirled the syrupy during around her mouth. Caffeine was a game of Russian roulette. Was she going to get super energized and focused, or would she become incapacitated with a torturous headache and sickness? It was worth the risk, though.

Roo looked around the room, her eyes flickering from person to person. At this point in any normal social situation, she would have disappeared into the night. It was strange how she could chicken rustle without fear, but confronted with more than three people she would internally plead for escape. There's.. a lot of people here.. I didn't even know I knew this many people. Her heart sped up uncomfortably. She crept away until her back was against a conveniently placed wall where she could watch from the shadows. Her loose black jeans would've made her camouflaged, but unfortunately she had brought a blue sweatshirt. This is a stealth mission. It would've been the ONE TIME wearing all black wasn't weird. she pulled a squirming quail out of her pocket, who had somehow not escaped. Probably because her hands were stuffed in her pockets the entire time, a usual occurrence.

Kate looked around at the others most weren't accepting the drinks she'd brought. Normally she wouldn't have coffee in the evening, but Gail had bought them with the intention of sharing with them. Refusing and letting them go to waste would be rude.

"Thanks, I'll have one." She said standing to get one of the cups of black coffee.

Kyndra sat with her legs crossed on the concrete floor, holding an annoyed Nova in her lap, Kizmit searching every corner of the warehouse he could. She seemed content with the about of people. Crowds neve bothered her, and she actually preferred them.
She didn't accept Gail's coffee, only for the fact that she knew it would give her a migraine, and she didn't need that.

“There sure are a lot of teenage female criminals out there,” Amer commented, looking around. There was only one male in the room, and one adult out of her twenties. “Not that I make any sort of exception.”
In fact, there are probably more teenage female criminals out there. It’s just the older guys who get caught, she thought deviously.
She peeled Shiloh off the floor and held him baby style, causing him to hang limply from her arms with no hope for escape.
“Also, I brought SHILOH!” she said unable to come up with a more engaging conversation starter.

Kate looked around at the others most weren't accepting the drinks she'd brought. Normally she wouldn't have coffee in the evening, but Gail had bought them with the intention of sharing with them. Refusing and letting them go to waste would be rude.

"Thanks, I'll have one." She said standing to get one of the cups of black coffee.
Gail smiled up at Kate as she took a cup, and glanced around the rest of the room. She leaned against the wall and took another gulp of her drink. It was a stupid idea to bring drinks.

Sarah pulled up to the designated warehouse, her bike tires so overworked that they were squealing. Her hair was wild, her eyes were streaming, and her heart was practically leaving her body. Peep, on the other hand, was obviously going to need an indefinite recovery period. Sarah plucked the frazzled bantam from her shoulder and tucked her into her hoodie's pocket.
It hadn't be an easy trip, but at least she'd had the route memorized for three years known the way.
Sarah leapt clear of her steaming bike and yeeted it into a nearby bush for stealth purposes. Then she slammed into the nearest door, compromising the rusted hinges as expected, and literally busted it down. She couldn't have asked for a better entrance.
"I HAVE ARRIVED."

Back
Top Bottom