Foot Injury- possible bumblefoot?

Soak with the epsom salt. Let the top get healed up, then you are going to do some bumblefoot surgery. You might want to order a few disposable scalpels online. Amazon has them, and they're not very expensive. Betadine solution (povidone-iodine solution 10% at wal mart), some gauze pads (I prefer the telfa non-stick ones), and some adhesive tape. You might want to get some vet wrap too.

Soak with the epsom salt. Let the top get healed up, then you are going to do some bumblefoot surgery. You might want to order a few disposable scalpels online. Amazon has them, and they're not very expensive. Betadine solution (povidone-iodine solution 10% at wal mart), some gauze pads (I prefer the telfa non-stick ones), and some adhesive tape. You might want to get some vet wrap too.
Thank You so much! It seemed like the scab on top was just starting to loosen at one edge. So hopefully the bumblefoot won't get much worse until the top heals. Does bumblefoot ever heal on its own (without surgery)? I have read about so I know what to do but it sounds painful. Thanx again!

Today I am doing surgery on my Runner female she was on antibiotics from the vet and the bumble needs to come out. The antibiotics will not kill the staff because it's like encapsulated and the core needs to be out then healing can begin.

While this one is a bit long winded, they do a very good job at showing how do to the bumblefoot surgery. For the record, the duck DOES feel the pain, even if it's laying there calmly, so don't drag it out longer than necessary. Watch the video multiple times, so you know the procedure well. Have all equipment ready, and sterilized beforehand. I don't use alcohol except to clean the surgical tools. Plain saline solution (contact solution aisle at wal mart) works to irrigate, wash away blood, and debris.

Back
Top Bottom