Abraeri

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2017
Atlanta, GA
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys,

One of my ducks has a foot problem. The same duck that had issues earlier this year.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/swelling-and-scab-on-duck-foot.1165626/

We noticed she was limping and so I soaked her foot and wrapped it up, thinking it might be the beginning of bumblefoot. I tried applying clear iodine; however, no scab was forming, only a small spot. So after 2 or 3 days I used a pin to pry up the ends of the spot and a thorn came out, attached to a bit of pus.

By this time the foot had swollen quite a bit and she was limping pretty bad.

I treated her with clear iodine and triple antibiotic but a scab wasn't forming. So I decided to cut off the swollen part of her foot. I'm kind of regretting it now, since it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I'll try to get a picture in sometime tomorrow.

She's eating and pooping fine, cleaning herself and trying her best to walk around. She just hops around on her good leg and hardly touches the other to the ground.

Currently I've been treating her by soaking her foot applying clear iodine, and then wrapping it up with triple antibiotic.

Is there any sort of vitamins/supplements I could give her?

Thanks for your help,
Erin A

Sorry, I don't know. I just don't think it was to good to cut that part off. Hopefully you can get her back to normal soon! :)

I'd keep up with what your doing and keep her in a small area so she isn't having to move around a lot give the foot time to heal. A pic would be a good idea.

Vitamins[poultry] would be good to help boost her immune system but if this is a full blown infection she may need some antibiotics not sure what we can get now since most if not all have to be by prescription
@casportpony maybe able to help there with advise.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply! :(

I was soaking her foot in just plain water. She has gotten much much better after I started wrapping her foot up with honey and giving her some turmeric water. She's been walking around with everyone just fine.

Back
Top Bottom