For deliveries, what time do day-old chicks/ducklings/goslings usually arrive at the PO?

lilolilman

Songster
Jun 22, 2021
Long Island, NY
What time do you usually get the call to come pick up your chicks/ducklings/goslings? I have read that most often, the call comes before 9AM and before the PO even opens. I have already called the nice lady at the PO twice (yesterday and this morning) and she’s on the lookout, but I’m real worried that this means that they probably won’t be coming today at all.

I need to go to work so I just wanted to see what y’all’s experience was with pick up times and if anyone thinks they could still be delivered during the day today.

Praying for the safe delivery of my two baby pilgrim goslings. :/

Every order I have received thru USPS of live birds was availale in the morning before opening. Personally, I have never had them come middle of the day. Since your PO lady is nice and on the lookout, you are already a step ahead. Perhaps giving her your cell number just in case would ease your mind...

Obviously crazier things have happened than an afternoon delivery, and this is just my experience.

They will probably arrive healthy and honking in the morning. :)

We've always gotten the call before 9:00 in the morning. Our post office is always concerned about our chicks well being and wants them picked up as soon as possible.

We've always gotten the call before 9:00 in the morning. Our post office is always concerned about our chicks well being and wants them picked up as soon as possible.
Yep, that seems to be the case across the board. Even though I have a “guaranteed delivery” for Wednesday at 6pm, I’m pretty certain that this doesn’t mean anything and I can only hope I get the call tomorrow (Thursday) morning. :/. Thank you.

:welcome :frow When I have ordered chicks, like the rest, the PO called early in the morning and said my chicks were there and to go to the back door and knock and someone would answer it. Of the few times I have ordered chicks only once did I have a chick that didn't make it the other times they were all fine. Once an order did arrive a day late. Good luck and have fun with your new chicks...

:welcome :frow When I have ordered chicks, like the rest, the PO called early in the morning and said my chicks were there and to go to the back door and knock and someone would answer it. Of the few times I have ordered chicks only once did I have a chick that didn't make it the other times they were all fine. Once an order did arrive a day late. Good luck and have fun with your new chicks...
when you say a day late, do you mean the third day? or fourth day? They shipped monday and are "scheduled" to arrive today. But people say that thursday is usually fine too. I'm just trying to gauge whether "a day late" in my situation would equal thursday or friday based on your messsage?

Back
Top Bottom